- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Sourcebooks, Inc; 2 edition (29 Mar. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1402280882
- ISBN-13: 978-1402280887
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 15.2 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (14 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
203,439 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #429 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology > The Self, Ego & Personality
- #2282 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought
- #2372 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics
Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life is Your Hidden Strength Paperback – 29 Mar 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Laurie Helgoe's "Introvert Power" is The Bhagavad Gita for introverts....Laurie fans the embers of wisdom in each of us to honor yearnings that serve as both compass and anchor. I'm now giving myself permission to get a lock for my office door and replace my reading chair with something that would delight my younger self. I owe it to her. --Mary Hershey, author for children & young adults, co-creater of Shrinking Violets, Marketing for Introverts
About the Author
LAURIE HELGOE, Ph.D., is a psychologist specializing in personality. In addition to five books, she authored the Psychology Today cover story, Revenge of the Introverts," was quoted in the The Wall Street Journal, and is a frequent invited speaker and radio and television guest. Helgoe is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the West Virginia University School of Medicine.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book would I feel, be a valuable reading companion to any of Richard Greene's books on applying the laws of power because it teaches stealth. Silence is power and not necessarily from a non verbal perspective but from gathering inner resources using intuitive decision making and claiming the reward, when the extrovert has tired of using one upmanship and social vampirism to cheat their way to success.
Top rating of 5 out of 5. Highly recommended introverts survival in business and the workplace.
I almost hesitate to call it life-changing, but before reading this book, i struggled to "better myself", thinking that introversion was a social disability. Now i know it is a strength and a gift which i can use to benefit my family and friends. Really, there is nothing else i can call it but life-changing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this book! For the first time something has come along that I can completely identify with. As stated on other reviews 'Introvert Power' starts with some background to the... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Clover
Brilliant, life-changing, extremely important book for all to read, especially introverts. It will rescue you. Its time introverts took chargePublished on 27 Jun. 2014 by Sally Parnell