- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Introduction to Russian-English Translation (Russian) Paperback – 30 May 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I love this book for its modern sociolinguistic approach which emphasizes translation from Russian within the social and cultural context in which it is spoken.
Translation is both an art and a science. In order to translate well, social and cultural differences have to be taken into account. Translation is not merely taking a group of words and rendering them into the target language, English in this case, but translating them into an appropriate cultural context that most closely renders the context in which the words were spoken in Russian.
The author has a unique perspective and a unique background which gives her excellent qualifications and makes this book really interesting. If you are interested as an English speaker in translation from Russian to English or simply are an advanced student of Russian wanting to achieve a more advanced understanding of the language, I highly recommend this fascinating book.