An Introduction to Programming Using Alice Paperback – 29 Apr 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
1. An Introduction to Alice and Object-Oriented Programming 2. Developing Methods in Alice 3. Events in Three-Dimensional Space 4. The Logical Structure of Algorithms 5. Boolean Logic in Programming 6. Text and Sound in Alice Worlds 7. Recursive Algorithms 8. Lists and Arrays in Alice Appendices: A. Acquiring and Installing the Alice Software B. Computer Programming Languages C. The Alice Menus
About the Author
Charles W. Herbert has been teaching Computer Science and Computer Information Systems at Community College of Philadelphia since 1984, where he has served as the Chair of the CIS Department, Director of Computer Science, and Director of Technical Education. He has worked extensively as a professional programmer. Using his background in curriculum development, he is currently a Principal Investigator for an NSF funded team exploring the use of virtual reality programming in community college computing courses. He is the co-author of Alice 2.0: Introductory Concepts and Techniques.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Herbert introduces these concepts at a deliberately slow pace. Suitable for most of the targeted audience. The screen captures of the user interface are quite pretty, and help to hold the reader's attention. As compared with learning C++, say, where there is no intrinsic GUI. Plus, the mapping of conceptual objects to graphical objects in Alice is its main attraction. Very intuitive.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design