Introduction to C++ Programming and Graphics Hardcover – 3 Jul 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"This book is a brief and basic introduction to C++ for everyone and especially for scientists and engineers. The text offers a venue for effectively teaching and rapidly learning the language at the level of an undergraduate course in any discipline of the physical sciences and computer science and engineering." (Stefan Meyer, Zentralblatt MATH, Vol. 1128 (6), 2008)
"This book, a relatively small volume of slightly more than 300 pages, covers practically all one needs to know about C++ to be proficient. The concepts and features are introduced with to-the-point illustrating examples. … the book provides an excellent entry point to C++, from which anyone with moderate programming experience will benefit." (Computing Reviews, April, 2008)
"Pozrikidis states that his book is ‘a brief and basic introduction to C++ for everyone and especially for scientists and engineers.’ He follows this with a claim that it ‘offers a venue for effectively teaching and rapidly learning the language at the level of an undergraduate course in any discipline of the physical sciences and computer science and engineering.’" (Thomas Sheehan, ACM Computing Reviews, November, 2008)
From the Back Cover
C++ has grown rapidly in response to the practical need for a programming language that is able to efficiently handle composite and diverse data types. Today, C++ dominates the commercial market and is favored among application developers.
Introduction to C++ Programming and Graphics offers a venue for rapidly learning the language by concisely revealing its grammar, syntax and main features, and by explaining the key ideas behind object oriented programming (OOP), with emphasis on scientific computing.
The book reviews elemental concepts of computers and computing, describes the primary features of C++, illustrates the use of pointers and user-defined functions, and analyzes the construction of classes. Distinctive features include:
- An effective selection and presentation of topics and supporting examples
- A tutorial on the usage of MATLAB® functions in C++ code
- Tables for translating MATLAB® and Fortran 77 into C++ code, illustrating syntactic differences between these languages
- Chapters on graphics and GUI programming based on the VOGLE library and the GLUT, GLUI and GTK+ utility toolboxes
This invaluable resource provides a basic, concise introduction to C++ for the novice, allowing the reader to easily grasp the necessary concepts, rather than trying to absorb an extensive reference book. Scientists, engineers, professionals and students familiar with the general principles of computer programming and proficient in an easy programming language will find this volume an ideal entry point into C++.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction to Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation