- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Introduction to Human Nutrition (The Nutrition Society Textbook) Paperback – 27 Mar 2009
Save an extra 10% with Amazon Student*
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book is absolutely essential reading for anyone interested in human nutrition and food. Its global perspective and variety of content ensure completeness, breadth and depth. The book was written by a leading international researchers in this field, making this book valid and reliable. ( International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, June 2010)
From the Back Cover
In this Second Edition of the introductory text in the acclaimed Nutrition Society Textbook Series, Introduction to Human Nutrition has been revised and updated to meet the needs of the contemporary student. Groundbreaking in their scope and approach, the titles in the series:
- Provide students with the required scientific basics of nutrition in the context of a systems and health approach
- Enable teachers and students to explore the core principles of nutrition, to apply these throughout their training, and to foster critical thinking at all times. Throughout, key areas of knowledge are identified
- Are fully peer reviewed, to ensure completeness and clarity of content, as well as to ensure that each book takes a global perspective
Introduction to Human Nutrition is an essential purchase for undergraduate and postgraduate students of nutrition/nutrition and dietetics degrees, and also for those students who major in other subjects that have a nutrition component, such as food science, medicine, pharmacy and nursing. Professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, health sciences and many related areas will also find much of great value within this book.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) No Colour, which although is not a big disadvantage, most books at this high-end price bracket will have colour and it makes certain diagrams harder to view.
2) This book is quite advanced, if you are new to nutrition or just going into 1st year degree nutrition I would not recommend this, it is very advanced, and really it should say "Introduction to POSTGRADUATE nutrition" not only is it very details, but the facts are not presented in such a entertaining way like some better textbooks are and reads more like a journal.
To conclude, although it is very factual and has a ton of info in it, but just really isent good for a introduction to the subject, but much better for 2nd and 3 year B.sci, as well as postgrad.
It goes to details however in an easy english, so everybody should be able to understand the technical aspect of this science.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Low Fat
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine