An Introduction to Human Geography: Issues for the 21st Century Paperback – 30 Nov 2004
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
An introduction to human geography provides a comprehensive overview of the major topics within human geography, including settlements, population, resources, the economy, consumption, citizenship, culture, society, the politics of place and globalisation. Coherent and substantial chapters ensure balanced treatment across the field of human geography.
Focussing on some of the key geographical challenges facing the world at the beginning of the twenty-first century, this stimulating text examines the forces that shape economies and societies on what the Editors describe as our, ‘...interconnected, contradictory, complex, conflict-ridden and fantastically diverse planet.’
All chapters are written by specialists in the field and offer original, critical and engaging perspectives.
KEY FEATURES OF THE SECOND EDITION
- New chapters on
- Territory, space and society
- Social inequalities and spatial exclusions
- Environment and environmentalism
- An improved range of pedagogical features that help clarify, extend and apply understanding, including
- ‘Spotlight’ boxes that provide deeper analysis of a key topic or concept
- ‘Thematic’ case studies that illustrate a real-world theme or example
- ‘Regional’ case studies that explore topics in relation to a specific place or part of the world
- A new, innovative website supports the text at www.booksites.net/daniels
Go there to access practical study skills guidance, including material on
- Improving essay-writing
- Strategies for note-taking and revision
- Planning exam answers
An introduction to human geography is an essential textbook for undergraduate students taking courses in geography and related disciplines in the social sciences.
Peter Daniels and Denis Shaw are at the School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham. Mike Bradshaw is at the Department of Geography, University of Leicester. James Sidaway is at the Department of Geography, National University of Singapore.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology