Introduction to Google SketchUp (Wiley Pathways) Paperback – 12 Oct 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
You can get there
Whether you re already working and looking to expand your skills in the computer–aided modeling field or setting out on a new career path that involves 3D design, Wiley Pathways Introduction to Google SketchUp will help you get there. Easy–to–read, practical, and up–to–date, this text not only helps you learn how to use Google SketchUp at your own pace; it helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed.
Developed with architects and other design gurus in mind, Google SketchUp is the fast, easy way to build 3D models of anything you want buildings, furniture, or your own unique creations.
With this book, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts behind Google SketchUp and the general workflow for creating and sharing a model
- Use Google SketchUp to make buildings, draw and extrude simple plans, model stairs, and construct roofs
- Use advanced techniques for modeling objects like vehicles, furniture, and more
- Build models using photographs with Google SketchUp s new photo matching feature
- Present your finished design using such features as Styles, Shadows, and Sections
- Get your models out into the world through Google Earth and the 3D Warehouse
- Print and export images and animations from your model file
About the Author
Aidan Chopra is the Product Evangelist at Google for SketchUp and Google Earth. He writes and lectures about how SketchUp is used in design, and writes the SketchUpdate, a monthly email newsletter that reaches SketchUp users worldwide. He holds a Master of Architecture degree from Rice University, and has taught architecture at the university level and, at Google, works on ways to mediate between power and usability.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation