Introduction to the Design and Analysis of Algorithms: International Edition Paperback – 1 Nov 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Introduction to The Design & Analysis of Algorithms, 2nd Edition
Anany Levitin, Villanova University
Valued by students and trusted by instructors, Introduction to the Design and Analysis of Algorithms employs a comprehensive taxonomy of algorithm design techniques that is more powerful and intuitive than the traditional approach.
It provides a coherent and pedagogically sound framework for learning and teaching algorithms. An extensive, detailed solutions manual is available online for the benefit of students and instructors. Student learning is further supported by exercise hints and chapter summaries. Popular puzzles and games provide motivation for students, and rhetorical questioning serves as an effective learning device.
Ideal for a basic course in the design and analysis of algorithms, this Second Edition features 80 new puzzles and exercises, as well as:
• Separate sections on the analysis of nonrecursive and recursive algorithms
• Coverage of empirical analysis and algorithm visualization
• Revised section on approximation algorithms• Brand-new chapter on iterative improvement algorithms covering the simplex method, network flows, maximum matching in bipartite graphs, and the stable marriage problem
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies