Introducing Melanie Klein: A Graphic Guide Paperback – 31 Mar 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Robert Hinshelwood is a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and is Professor in the Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies at the University of Essex. Susan Robinson is a psychoanalyst. Oscar Zarate is one of the UK's leading graphic artists. He has illustrated numerous Introducing titles. His graphic novel A Small Killing won the Will Eisner Prize.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Often difficult to understand, Mrs. Klein's work is centred on the intrapsychic aspects of human development. This slim volume allows the reader an opportunity to appreciate some of the more complex aspects of Kleinian thought.
Having digested Dr. Hinshelwood's excellent text entitled "Clinical Klein", I found the visual depictions in "Introducing Melanie Klein" of some of the same cases described in his other work to be helpful and clarifying.
I would recommend any interested reader pick up both volumes and use the "Introducing..." book as a quick reference guide to the "Clinical..." text.
As co-author I may appear biased but I've only ever received £30 in royalties, my bias is not financially driven (publisher is making the money)
This whistlestop tour through Klein, her life and her work would be great for anyone new to Klein, or for a refreshing of her ideas.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Although I accept that this is an introduction to Melanie Klein's work I found it far too basic even for an introduction. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
The book arrived as specified but the cover was dirtier than I expected even for a used book. Otherwise the book seems to be in a good condition. Thank youPublished on 10 Feb. 2014 by aleks Jackowska
what a load fo old tripe, don't waste your money. Written by a woman who was quite a damaged individual.Published on 6 Feb. 2014 by Moonbeam
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Biography > Novelists, Poets & Playwrights
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > History & Philosophy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Psychoanalysis > Klein, Melanie
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Psychoanalysis > Theory
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Young Adult > Comics & Graphic Novels