Introducing Autodesk Maya 2014: Autodesk Official Press Paperback – 31 May 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Perfect Primer on Maya 2014
Autodesk Maya is a top choice for 3D professionals who create the stunning characters and visual effects you see in today′s films, games, commercials, and other animation. If you want to begin developing professional–level Maya and 3D skills, the new edition of this top–selling book is the best place to start.
Building from the ground up, this book combines straightforward text with practical examples, making it easy to absorb the basics and start designing and animating your own digital models and scenes. The fun and challenging step–by–step lessons, along with the downloadable project files, enable you to learn by doing and gain confidence. This book also includes a beautiful full–color insert with striking examples from talented new Maya users to inspire you.
- Learn CG and 3D core concepts and production workflows
- Get a fast, thorough lesson on Maya 2014′s user interface, menus, and plug–ins
- Build a simple animation of the planets in the solar system, right away
- Explore the basics of NURBS, polygons, modeling, and new NEX tools
- Create a decorative box, a steam locomotive, a starfish, a child′s table lamp, and more
- Rig for animation and use nCloth to create cloth motion, such as a flag blowing in the wind
- Master HDRI lighting, mental ray rendering, dynamics, simulations, and effects
Use the new Modeling Toolkit to create models quickly and efficiently
Using lights and an HDRI, you′ll light the scene that you′ve built
About the Author
Dariush Derakhshani is an award–winning visual effects supervisor, author, and educator. He has worked on movies such as The Fantastic Four and Pan′s Labyrinth, the South Park TV series, and countless commercials and music videos. He teaches Maya and 3D animation, and is the author all the Introducing Maya books, as well as coauthor of Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials and Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 Essentials. Dariush is also an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) and Autodesk Certification Evaluator (ACE).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
MAYA is a complex software and I needed a good reference source, something on paper I could read at my own pace.