on 25 June 2015
We bought this pool back in April, but living on the Isle of Wight, I was waiting for the usual call saying that they either couldn't deliver here or wanted some ridiculous sum of money to ship it to us. When the call came from MadFun the following day, I thought 'here we go,' but was very surprised when the lovely lady on the phone said that she was very sorry, but they were going to have to charge us an additional £8 - bargain! We had a lot of work to do to the garden before we could put the pool up. Having read many reviews about this pool, we knew it was very important to level the ground first, and as we have a sloping garden, we had our work cut out for us. There was also the small matter of a 40 foot tree that needed to come down, as it would overhang and shade the pool, but that's another story! Anyway, after much back-breaking work, we finally put the pool up a couple of weeks ago. The instructions said to put a couple of inches of water in the pool and then smooth out any wrinkles on the bottom. We did this, but found that the water was already too heavy to be able to smooth the bottom out properly, so we have a few minor wrinkles. My advice would be to start smoothing any wrinkles out as soon as the water covers the bottom of the pool in order to avoid this problem. It took 24 hours to fill, and then we were ready for the pump and heater so that we could get swimming - the kids had already planned a pool party for the following weekend! We set it all up, plugged it in, and the pump made a funny noise for a few seconds and the stopped dead. Nothing would revive it, so I sent an e-mail to MadFun (this was a Sunday). They got back to me the following day, and provided me with the name, number and e-mail address of a lady at Intex. To cut a long story short, with the help of the lovely ladies at MadFun (Beverly) and Intex (Karen), we had a new pump by Thursday (which worked fine), and the kids' pool party went ahead on the weekend. It's early days, but we are very happy with the pool, which seems to be very sturdy, and are looking forward to lots of fun in it this summer. Thanks again to Beverly and Karen for your excellent customer service - I highly recommend both companies.
on 11 July 2013
I had all the family around and neighbours as lots of people were looking forward to jumping in the pool. It came as an embarrassment and let down that there is no air pump which is required to inflate the ring at the top. The pool will not fill if the ring is not inflated. So ensued neighbours /friends/relatives digging out garden sheds backs of cars/ garages looking for a suitable pump.

The problem is the inflation hole is massive and so no normal pump will do the job, literally you can stick your thumb right through it.

So...no problem theres a help line right....yes but the first number an 0845 number (to bestway pools) was an answer machine, so I duly left a message and expressed my concern even said everyone was waiting for their return call......next we found an 0800 number great! We rang that it was now 5pm the lady on the answer machine said they were open until 6 pm ...great I thought and then she said they were busy and rang off!

So neighbours, friends, relatives, kids and adults have all gone home now and we are left with the debris in the garden. Will we ever get a call back we wonder??? Or are we doomed to have the outer shell of the pool sit in the garden until we can sort out ourselves the correct pump....? Not good in fact appalling customer service I would avoid like the plague. I'm sure there are other companies other than BESTWAY......NO WAY !
66 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2011
Excellent value!! Easy to set up and maintain. Good fun for whole family, and friends too. Pool parties and BBQ's work a treat with this item. Recommend to anyone.
on 12 May 2014
We've had our pool for 3 years now. It's survived the UK winters without being taken down once. It's still standing without a problem. I've had to replace the heater every year (inexpensive). The inexpensive filter died after 3 years, but it's been left out in the elements since the pool was set up. This has been a fantastic investment, one of the best I've ever made.

*Because the summers tend to be cool here, I've kept 2 3v heaters rigged up to it. To jump to a 6v heater is a huge jump in price and it has to be wired in, not just plugged in. The 2 little heaters are just connected to each other. They keep the pool very warm (95 degrees). This way it can be used on the coolest summer days. These pools have no insulation so they cool down quickly. The company won't recommend this, but I've done it, so it works.

Setup is easy, just make sure the bottom is perfectly flat and smooth before adding water. Get it as level as possible, too. Don't let people hang on top of the sides of the pool--it will collapse. It hasn't happened to us because we're careful, but it could easily happen if a big enough person put all of their weight on it.
on 21 July 2016
Super fast delivery we ordered ties night it arrived Thursday morning, great size exactly as described,
on 7 October 2014