- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Store for great offers on aquatic pet food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Food & Treats Store for a huge selection of fish & aquatic pets treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Aquarium Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular aquariums.
|Price:||£6.05 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£0.44 (7%)|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £4.59 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Interpet General Tonic Number 5 Aquarium Fish Treatment
- Preventative treatment to keep your aquarium healthy
- Easy to follow and complete dosing instructions contained
- Measuring cup and pipette included
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
In every aquarium there are potential disease causing organisms, including species of parasites, fungus and bacteria. Liquisil General Tonic keeps these disease organisms at an acceptable level and thus prevents disease outbreaks.
For use with coldwater and tropical fish in marine or freshwater systems:
Effective new active ingredients
Does not colour the aquarium water
Harmless to filter and all species of fish and plantsContents:
Guide to Fish Health
Treats 500 litres (e.g. aquarium 5ft x 2ft x 2ft)
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It contains Bronopol (4.95mg/ml, copper 33.18mg/ml, Formaldehyde 10mg/ml and Silver Proteinate 0.23mg/ml.
Bronopol can react under some conditions to form substances that are known or suspect carcinogens.
Copper kills snails, and this product contails a very high amount of it. At a dosage of 1ml/5l, little wonder my snails were acting funny! However if you do not have or want snails, then maybe it is a good thing.
Formaldehyde, as we all know, is a very nasty substance. Qoute from Wikipedia "Formaldehyde is highly toxic to all animals, regardless of method of intake. Ingestion of as little as 30 mL (1 oz.) of a solution containing 37% formaldehyde has been reported to cause death in an adult human." And we are putting this as a "general tonic" into our fish tank? Not only that, it is also a disinfectant that kills most bacteria. Not sure if that is what I want happening to my filter!
And Silver Proteinate is another substance with bactericidal properties which could wipe out the bacterials that I so carefully breed in my filter.
On the side of the box with bigger lettering is a warning "DO NOT use with Mormyrids (Elephant nose fish)". Well I do not have any Mormyrids, so I should be fine right? Nope, on the other side of the box with smaller lettering is another warning "DO NOT USE WITH INVERTEBRATES".
Well, it is partly my fault for not reading everything on the box carefully.Read more ›
I rechecked the water, no change in chemistry. Add this "tonic" was the only change I've made to my previously successful aquarium. Remarkably my Gourami's fungus disappeared and it survived but at a high cost to its neighbours....
DON'T USE THIS STUFF, despite what is says it will kill your fish!