The Internet Security Guidebook: From Planning to Deployment (The Korper and Ellis E-Commerce Books Series) Paperback – 22 Jan 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The business opportunities of the Internet can seem overshadowed by the dangers, with news stories about hackers breaking into computer systems. Many of the attacks are known and any business wanting to go online can minimise the threat by taking precautions and creating a security policy covering not just the physical and network security elements but also the individual responsibilities of network users. Written by experienced security architects, The Internet Security Guidebook shows you how to protect your business, starting with a comprehensive security review.
There's a thorough section on passwords and password management. The useful overview of firewalls leads into an assessment form to help you define the type of firewall you need. There's a chapter on how to handle security incidents and a useful overview of cryptography and public key infrastructures before the book introduces secure networks and the tools you can use to reduce the risks to your company, including SSL.
Other security technologies covered include authentication tools and how to protect your e-mail system. The book is up to date--for example it covers the recent spate of VBScript e-mail worms--and it's thorough; it's written by people who know what they're doing.
This isn't a book for security engineers or experts; you won't learn how to configure a firewall. Instead it's aimed at IT directors and managers who need to ensure the security of their company. But if you're looking for tools to help you manage a risk analysis and plan a security policy this very useful book will help you get your company in shape for the Internet. --Penny Jannifer
"A practical guide with well presented explanations of both the technical and human sides of a particular aspect of computer security."
--Book News, No. 7, 2001
"...a significant contribution to the body of literature in the field of information security..."
--Information Security Bulletin, June 2001
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-commerce
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Security
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering