International Handbook of Victimology Hardcover – 1 Mar 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Shlomo G. Shoham is Professor of Law and an interdisciplinary lecturer at Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University, and is a world-renowned criminologist who has published more than 100 books and about 1,000 articles on crime, deviance, philosophy, religion, psychology, and the human personality. Over the years, he has developed his innovative personality theory, a highly appraised new theory of personality development. In 2003, Professor Shoham was awarded the Israel Prize for research in criminology. Previously, he was awarded the Sellin-Glueck Award, the highest prize in American criminology, and recently the prestigious Emet Prize. He is the recipient of a decoration from the prime minister of France. Professor Shoham has lectured all over the world and has been a resident at the universities of Oxford, Harvard, and the Sorbonne. Paul Knepper is Senior Lecturer, Department of Sociological Studies, University of Sheffi eld, and Visiting Professor, Institute of Criminology, University of Malta. His research has explored sociopolitical definitions of race, conceptual foundations of crime prevention, and historical origins of contemporary responses to crime. Martin Kett is a self-employed technical writer and translator. He received a BSc in mathematics and statistics from Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Law & Disorder > Criminology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Law & Disorder > Forensic Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Reference