- Paperback: 704 pages
- Publisher: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall; 4 edition (10 April 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0273714732
- ISBN-13: 978-0273714736
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 4.1 x 24.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 281,280 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
International Corporate Reporting: A Comparative Approach Paperback – 10 Apr 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
International Corporate Reporting is a modern, practical and pedagogically-rich approach to the changing world of international accounting and reporting. It aims to enable students to analyse the similarities and differences in accounting, reporting and regulation around the world, and to familiarize them with the growing body of research into international accounting practices.
- Up-to-date, detailed and comprehensive coverage that encompasses changes in the international corporate reporting landscape such as cultural issues, ethics and the environment, whilst retaining country-by-country comparison.
- Plentiful case studies and examples of reports from well-known companies in the US, UK, Japan, China, France, Germany and other countries.
- Student friendly style, good questions and activities well-supported by time-saving lecturer materials.
New to this edition
- A revised focus on the background and context of international standards and remaining national and cultural differences in reporting and regulation.
- A fresh start to the book covering international accounting context and the arguments for and against globalization of accounting standards.
- New coverage of political aspects of international standard setting.
- A new chapter on arguments for and against globalization of accounting standards.
- A developing focus on narrative reporting as continuing evidence of national diversity.
International Financial Reporting: A Comparative Approachis ideal for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students of international accounting and international business, studying in any country throughout the world.
Roberts et al provides real examples, useful illustrations, a variety of interesting case studies and interesting assignment material. The students find the country chapters interesting and they complement the coverage at an overview level well. - Professor Peter Secord, The Sobey School of Business, Saint Marys University, Canada
Clare Roberts BSc MSc PhD is Professor of Accounting at the University of Aberdeen. She has held permanent teaching positions in the UK at Glasgow and Exeter Universities, and visiting positions in the US at Texas A & M University and the University of California Santa Barbara, and in Australia at Newcastle University, New South Wales.
Pauline Weetman BA (Oxon) BSc PhD CA is Professor of Accounting at the University of Glasgow, formerly of Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt Universities. She received the British Accounting Associations Distinguished Academic Award in 2005.
Paul Gordon BA MA FCA is Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at Heriot-Watt University, having held positions at Glasgow, Aberdeen and Wales (Bangor).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Financial
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics > Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > International Finance