Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 27 August 2011
For all those, like me, who seek some kind of calm when plotting a course through the troubled and choppy waters of daily work, Carbon Based Lifeforms, and specifically Interloper, is that island of sensory seclusion in an oceanic mass of senseless noise.

I'm not interested in genres or that kind of thing. I look for a sound that matches a mood and a need to focus, and Interloper transports me to somewhere else, like a dream, or that moment of lightheadedness that creeps up on you, startling you for a moment, before you realize the sensation is actually not entirely unpleasant.
on 15 January 2017
Carbon Based Lifeforms are in my opinion one of the best ambient or downtempo IDM ( or however you want to classify their music ) outfits producing music. Absolutely sublime sounds that will transport you away from daily troubles. The vinyl of Interloper is excellent, no complaints about its manufacture by Blood Music as you might know is there new label. These are reissues and I don't think there is any difference in quality from the originals which were on the French Ultimae label and are now very expensive. Although I must say if you enjoy Carbon Based Lifeforms you should probably check out other artists from the Ultimae label you will not be disappointed. CBL are working on a new album which people are getting excited about, but for now we have Interloper and two other releases equally as good (Hydroponic Garden and World of Sleepers) to dazzle the senses and keep us smiling. Good for the soul and a modern classic this never gets old ..
on 3 May 2016
For reasons that are not absolutely clear to me I prefer the original version over this remaster. Remastering does not always work nor is it always necessary. Here it seems to have brightened the recording to a point where it feels cold and sterile. For me, the warmth has been lost. It is still great music and if you never heard the original you would still enjoy it.
on 12 May 2014
I've been after this album for a very long time now, and learning that I could burn it onto a CD was brill.

It's hard to describe the kind of music that CBL produce, with elements from bands such as Deep Forest and Sigur Ros being heard in the mix, along with others of their kind, it's a unique and yet often addictive style.
It's a calming but still upbeat album, featuring a few of the favourites all in one.

I had no problems with downloading this album, nor burning it to CD, and so would recommend it to anyone who already likes bands such as the above, as your likely to quickly get into CBL too.
on 7 April 2012
There are certain situations which benefit from an element of calm or relaxation, and the addition of this album to any atmosphere gives the greatest sense of both! It is the kind of music that allows you to feel completely at ease, and is remarkably easy to lose yourself within.
on 2 December 2015
Beautiful showcase of how ambient should be done. I can't count how many times I've listened to this, with Frog being a big part of my life. It's so serenely calming and beautiful I go back again and again, year after year. 20 Minutes also deserves a special mention.

I'd probably rate this as one Carbon Based Lifeforms best albums. Highly recommended.
on 25 April 2015
The remaster demands a CD release!
on 7 June 2016
excellent - as usual from CBL
on 1 October 2010
Refreshing hybrid ambient/electronic noise thats relevant to all 'carbon based lifeforms' but would benifit from a little more contrast.