Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£80.00|
Save £18.73 (23%)
Intelligent Internal Control and Risk Management: Designing High-Performance Risk Control Systems 1K , Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 280 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Kindle Daily Deals: Books from 99p
Sign-up to the Kindle Daily Deal email newsletter to discover daily deals from 99p.
Top Customer Reviews
I am someone who has long puzzled over the inadequacy of risk management in projects. I always suspected there was something I was missing. The author explains what that is: common approaches to risk management fail to understand what risk really is. Most people see “risks” as almost concrete things to be managed separately, when in fact we should be thinking about the more general uncertainties in so much of what we do. Then we can deal with those with mechanisms embedded into our daily work.
But this book is not just about project risk. It is about risk and uncertainty of all kinds: from big enterprise-level bets, down to ground-level miscounting of widgets coming off the production line. If I could pick a title other than the (rather unexciting) current one it would be “Why things go wrong in business and what we all can do about it”. That may sound like a grand ambition, but it’s more or less the size of it, and the ambition does not feel out of reach. That’s why I feel this book is so valuable.
The first part sets the scene and tone. It describes big, real life problems, and offers an alternative world where risk control is about providing positive value, not avoiding possible loss. The tone is light but enlightening, and it slips along seemingly without any reader effort.
The second part is a collection of sixty patterns: ideas of what you can do to manage uncertain environments and situations. There are plenty of varied and realistic (and probably real) examples. I ran through this section quite quickly.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was really looking for something new in the field. Working for 15 years in internal audit in the finance sector for international organisations I was looking for innovation and... Read morePublished on 29 Mar. 2013 by NIKOLETTA TROMPOUKI
This book contains a comprehensive tool-kit for improving quality of business processes and thereby reduce the risk of error. Read morePublished on 5 Nov. 2012 by Harnfield
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Audits & Auditing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > Management Accounting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Budgeting & Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Decision Making
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Budgeting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Corporate
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Insurance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Risk Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Finance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Management & Leadership