on 6 October 2014
Great and fast device. No problems so far. The only drawback I can think of is the small size of it, but I managed to get over that by moving my User folder to an HDD. This way I can keep my OS fast while maintaining a small size.

Guides to moving the user folder:

Windows 7:
Ubuntu:

You might also want to try turning off system hibernation and also move your page file to your HDD.
on 8 November 2014
I bought this Intel 320 series solid-state drive to upgrade an older laptop that only has a SATA-1 (1.5 Gbps) interface, thus I didn't need a more modern and more expensive SATA-3 (6 Gbps) drive. SSDs generally are backwards-compatible and this SATA-2 devices worked flawlessly in the SATA-1 laptop. The 40GB capacity is somewhat limited by today's standards but I don't need a lot of space on this laptop and I can add USB thumb drives or external drives for more data capacity if needed.

It has made the laptop much more responsive, it starts up from cold much faster than previously and programs launch more snappily. I've fitted SSDs to a lot of PCs and laptops and generally doing so is the best bang-for-the-buck upgrade a user can make to an older device. There are a number of software tools to allow you to "clone" your existing drive's contents to an SSD before you fit it, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant in this case. It took some time to run but worked fine.

The drive is a 7mm thick unit with a removable frame that bulks it out to 9.5mm to fit a larger case or caddy if needed, much better engineering than wedging it in place with a piece of cardboard. It's made by Intel so you have an expectation of reliability and good after-sales support, especially as it comes with a 5-year warranty which you can check online.

The packaging was minimal, a small but solid cardboard box with no extras other than a flashy sticker, no cables, screws, mounting hardware etc. That didn't cause me any problems personally but it's something to be aware of. The small box meant the package fitted through the letterbox making delivery that much easier. The item was new and sealed in its original anti-static bag, this was not a used device "pulled" from a dismantled PC or laptop. Delivery was prompt from Germany to the UK.
on 6 October 2014
I give this little beauty 5 stars simply because it performs exactly as I expected it to. If you are used to being able to make a nice hot cuppa and return to the PC before windows boots up then prepare to be amazed. Windows 7 now boots in 4.5 seconds from the motherboard's splash screen on my nephew's pc. (FX 6300 processor 4gb RAM).

Pros
Faster than ordinary HDDs
Cheap price but not cheaply made

Cons
only 40GB capacity
This is not really relevant though as if you want more space - GET A HIGHER CAPACITY SSD lol.

All in all I would recommend anyone on a tight budget who wants to inject some life into their PC, buy this drive - you won't regret it. Put your OS on this and use your old HDD for storage is my advice.
on 20 February 2015
This SSD is largely obsolete and for general Laptop/Desktop use should not be recommended. However, it does work pretty well as a value choice for an older Netbook. Install one of these and a Linux distro and you have a reasonably performing backup/travel machine. I know as I upgraded a old Lenovo Netbook with one.

You have to remember that with older machines they do not have fast SATA III capability and so you'll probably only get around 200MBps read speed out of any SSD anyway. Write speeds are low but the access times are still SSD fast and help to mitigate that in day to day use.

However, check prices as you may well get a more modern 60GB SSD for just a few quid more
on 24 November 2014
Its given my old laptop a new lease of life. OK 40gb is small but Windows 7 installation fits and if like me use a portable HDD this isnt so much of an issue. Everything is lighting fast now, google chrome opens in milli seconds. Just make sure when you install that you have set up ACHI on your computers bios - i didnt and now the SSD installed I cant. It still works very fast loading Win 7 in a quarter of the time so fast enough.

Intel is a reliable brand for SSD just watch out for some manufacturers and those which claim speeds which earlier models did. Google bait and switch SSD.

Also download Intel's great program for SSD.
on 12 November 2014
Would not pass low level disk check - used quick format instead. Using it as a low priority usb flash instead of intended project. :/
on 17 January 2015
A good SSD however capacity is so low its almost useless.

After installing windows 7 64 bit you will have almost filled it, to the point that windows updates will fail due to having no space.

Would recommend moving your page file to a HDD or other SSD if using this as your OS drive.

Moving the page file will save you about 8Gb which you can then use to install small applications such as spotify, speedfan etc
on 7 January 2015
This is a good little SSD, ideal for use in compact/embedded systems where reliability is more important than performance or capacity.

I've used several of these in small form factor system builds for VoIP phone servers. It's perhaps a little early to say too much about their reliability - the oldest one I have is still younger than 2 years, but they seem to be doing the job thusfar.
on 15 November 2014
Perfect for speeding up few years old laptop. Bought it as system only hard drive and now my 4 years old laptop starts Windows 7 within seconds. Great improvement to multitasking, data transfer and programs opening. And at that price it is simply bargain!
on 21 November 2015
For the price I paid it was okay, this ssd is working fine and I still use it, although I would advise getting a higher storage capacity since they're not much more these days. It's enough to hold an OS an some applications but that's about it.