on 13 February 2014
Pros (1) Good quality and fast (2) 5 year warrantee from Intel (3) easy to install

nothing negative to add if you have never used a ssd before you will be blown away with the speed

it adds new life to old or slow laptops and desktop PC,s believe the hype

adding a new CPU or Memory is a waste of money the hard disk is usually the bottleneck in a slow system

NONE of the computers I own use a traditional hard disk as a boot device now and I wont go back ever !

also if you put one in a laptop it will have additional benefits
(1) runs silent
(2) runs cooler than hard disk so laptop will live longer
(3) uses less power so battery will last longer
(4) runs faster
4 people found this helpful
on 14 February 2014
I bought this for the long warranty and that many reviews seemed to place it fairly highly, mostly missing out to Samsung SSDs which had a shorter warranty.

I don't think most people will be able to tell the speed difference between a fast and an ordinary SSD, just buy whatever has the best warranty at not much more than a basic price.
review imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on 3 April 2014
This made my mid 2012 Macbook Pro boot in about 10 seconds. Software runs fast and smooth.

I have another 80GB 320 series SSD made by Intel in my desktop and this one is considerably faster.

Haven't tried Samsung's EVO series but Intel products have always been reliable for me so no need to.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 April 2014
I have three of these now and they are great value, the management is good, and the security works with the bios hdd password for at rest encryption.
on 24 June 2015
quick and easy to install, really is a massive improvement over older hardware....
on 29 March 2015
Awesome drive. 5*
on 19 June 2015
Very good
on 29 July 2014
So much better than my old Crucial one.
on 13 April 2014
Good value. Outstanding speed. Boots my computer so much. The intel software that comes together with this drive is also amazing.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2014
Came in an anonymous brown OEM-like cardboard sleeve, which is unlike the Intel SSD purchases I've made in the past.

The case feels like its made of plastic and feels very fragile to the touch, again unlike other Intel SSD's I own.

So far, confidence is low. Anyway . . .

Although the SSD case is shown as blank in the Amazon image, mine came with multi-coloured artwork on its edge. So the product description on Amazon appears misrepresentative.

The SSD appears to work ok but only time will tell I guess.

No thanks to the supplier either, this took ages to arrive from Germany.

See one answered question