Integrative Multi-theoretical Psychotherapy Paperback – 29 Apr 2007
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The book is divided into two parts. The first part focuses primarily upon the philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of the model and the second describes the practical skills that flow from the theory. After briefly describing a range of common integrationist approaches, the five principles underlying multitheoretical psychotherapy are described: intentional integration, multidimensional integration, multitheoretical integration, strategy based integration and relational integration. The model takes the stance that individuals are complex and multidimensional, with the dimensions deeply interacting. It embraces a range of theoretical paradigms in attempting to meet the varied needs of individual clients and describes how the needs of the client determine the particular theory that interventions are drawn from.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences