- Hardcover: 296 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (16 Dec. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0754642852
- ISBN-13: 978-0754642855
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 16.5 x 24.1 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,324,352 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Institutional Interaction: Studies of Talk at Work (Directions in Ethnomethodology and Conversation Analysis) Hardcover – 16 Dec 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Conversation Analysis is making an enormously important contribution to the study of interaction and communication in such institutional settings as medical consultations, news interviews, counselling and courtroom examination. In doing so it is beginning to re-specify the sociolinguistic programme, and has re-engaged with more traditional sociological ethnographic inquiry. Arminen provides a lively and engaging introduction to this expanding and in some respects, controversial field of inquiry. He offers the student reader a clear picture of the scope of this field, including significant areas which have only recently emerged, such as interactional aspects of information systems.' Paul Drew, University of York, UK
About the Author
Ilkka Arminen is Professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Tampere in Finland.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Organisational Theory & Behaviour
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Methodology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology