Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Litre, 1000 W, Brushed Stainless Steel/Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- No more rattles and hisses, no more adjusting the heat to regulate pressure because the Instant Pot Duo does it for you
- Duo is a 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker,Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yoghurt Maker, Steamer and Warmer
- Large, easy to use control panel with 14 built-in Programs, Dual pressure, Automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for saute and slow cook
- 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient and kitchen friendly emitting hardly any noise, heat or steam
- 3-ply Base stainless steel cooking pot, steam rack, manual, recipe book and cooking time tables
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Compare with similar items
Instant Pot Duo is a 7 in 1 automatic Electric Pressure Cooker that speeds up cooking by 2-6 times and uses up to 70% less energy and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion.
Instant Pot Duo functions as a 'twin pressure' pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, saute, yogurt maker and warmer all in 1. It has 14 built-in smart programs (Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Saute, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurise and Fermenting) cook your favourite dishes with the press of a button whilst you get on with other things.
A 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you serve it for up to 10 hours.
Instant Pot generates almost no noise and leaks no steam. It traps all the aromas in the food without heating up the kitchen. The slim body design has smaller foot print and lid holders for both left and right handed users. The brushed stainless steel exterior is finger print resistant.
Duo uses the 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor, which monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time and adjusts heating intensity and protects you with 10 proven safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
Pressure cooker with stainless steel inner pot<Br>User Manual
Recipe book with timetables
Measuring cup, Ladle, Spoon
UK 3 pin power cable, Eu (Schuko) 2 pin power cable
From the manufacturer
Make more time for other stuff with the Instant Pot IP Duo 6 L 220 V
No more rattles and hisses, no more steaming up the kitchen and no more adjusting the heat to regulate pressure - now you can take the guesswork out of your pressure cooking with the number one selling brand of automatic electric pressure cookers in the US--now available in Europe.
The Instant Pot Duo is a 7-in-1 multifunctional power cooker--it’s an automatic pressure cooker that can cook at High and Low pressure, you can sauté directly in the cooking pot, it’s a slow cooker (3 heat settings), it’s a rice cooker, it’s a pressure and non-pressure steamer and it's a porridge maker and food warmer.
Instant Pot Duo has 10 proven and patented safety mechanisms; it is highly energy efficient due to the twin layers of insulation and microprocessor controlled temperature levels - you could save up to 70% of your energy use.
It is virtually silent in operation and transmits hardly any heat to the surrounding area – even on the hottest day you can cook a family meal in minutes. Ideal for RVs or boats.
If you live a fast paced, health orientated, green conscious lifestyle and food and energy costs concern you then the Instant Pot Duo is specifically designed for you.
Easy to use, just press a button and walk away!
Instant Pot Duo, when compared to the Lux has a 30% larger control panel with 14 built-in smart programs to complete your common cooking tasks.
Want to cook a stew? Just add the ingredients, press a button and walk away. It is so quiet you will wonder if anything is happening.
The Duo has three temperature settings for sauté/browning and also for slow cooking. You can brown your food prior to pressure or slow cooking and reduce a sauce at the end--all in the same inner pot actually in the cooker itself.
All the cooking programs including slow cooking are fully digital timer controlled. You can delay your cooking time for up to 24 hours so that your food is ready when you want it--breakfast porridge or evening supper. You can manually set the cooking time for up to 120 minutes of pressure cooking time or up to 24 hours of slow cooking time.
When the Instant Pot has finished the cooking cycle it automatically switches to keep warm for up to 10 hours, keeping your food at the perfect temperature - ready when you are.
Stainless Steel Cooking Pot
One of the best features of the Instant Pot range is the Cooking Pot. There are no concerns about a non-stick coating peeling off because the Instant Pot Duo includes a dishwasher safe 304 grade stainless steel cooking pot with impact bonded base that can also be used on the hob (except induction) or in the oven.
In fact the entire inner surface of the Instant Pot - including the lid - is actually stainless steel.
The cooker also includes a stainless steel long handled steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, instruction manual, recipe booklet with 29 recipes to get you started, cooking time tables and a quick start guide. It comes with both a 3 pin UK and a 2 pin Eu power cables.
There is UK-based support function with a growing online social media community of users to help you on your rediscovery of the benefits of Pressure Cooking.
Take control of your diet - make your own Yoghurt in the Instant Pot Duo and know the sugar content
Crispy Steamed Vegetables
Steam in the Duo - vegetables in 1 or 2 minutes - whole corn on the cob in 4 minutes
Optimal white rice with 3 minutes cooking time. Cook brown or wild rice and other grains to perfection.
The Instant Pot Duo 6 L capacity is big enough to cook a 2.5 kg Chicken in 25 minutes but can cook 1 portion of rice.
Instant Pot Duo
Instant Pot Lux
|Left or right handed lid holder||✔|
|Pressure cooking: low pressure (5.8~7.2 psi)||✔|
|Pressure cooking: high pressure (10.2~11.6 psi)||✔||✔|
|Slow cooker: 0.5~20 hours, at three temperatures||✔||✔|
|Sauté: up to 30 minutes at three temperatures||✔||✔|
|Automatic keep-warm: up to 10 hours||✔||✔|
|Microprocessor controlled cooking programs||14||10|
|Delayed cooking: up to 24 hours||✔||✔|
|10 safety mechanisms||✔||✔|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It is an electric pressure cooker and no magic involved.
2. You can cook multiple items in it ( which you can also do in a regular stove top pressure cooker by stacking vessels- my mom used to do it all the time , so when ppl say you can cook multiple items in the IP as if it is a new thing - no it is just "re-inventing the Cycle".
3. It cooks rice in less than 4 minutes( sometimes even in less amount of time) - yes it does but BUILDING UP THE PRESSURE takes some time around 8 to 10 minutes( sometimes even more than that for very big quantities of food). So total time is almost same(give or take) when compared to stove top pressure cooker.
WHY and WHO should buy it??
1. For stove top pressure cooking , you need to monitor continuosly for whistles, and turning off the stove - This you can avoid in Instant pot.
Since it is electric pressure cooker with built in settings, it will automatically turn off the cooking for you , so you dont have to stand near by the
stove all the time. NO BABY SITTING.
2. So many BUILT IN functions : There are so many functions you can use for multiple cooking , some of them are Yogurt mode to make yogurt ,
Rice mode for rice, Slow cook mode etc.
3. Manually you can adjust time and pressure as well. Great for people who want to experiment in their cooking to find out the fastest times for
their cooking , which saves lot of time than to use preset functions.
4. Delayed timer , which means turn on the delayed timer in the morning and by the time you come from office you have fresh piping hot
homemade food ready to devour - PURE BLISS
5. STAINLESS STEEL inner pot - NO TOXINS, NONSTICK COATINGS, NASTY CHEMICALS etc in your food.
6. Safety : UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms
7. Highly energy efficient and kitchen friendly - Less Electric bills.
8. ONE POT COOKING ( multiple , if cooking multiple dishes by stacking) so less clean up
and so many more...
SO PEOPLE who are looking for stainless steel cooking pot, cooking multiple items at once, dont want to stand in front of the stove baby sitting , busy parents, who wants fresh homemade food with less efforts, One pot cooking, Bulk cooking .... etc etc ... YOU MUST BUY THIS.
CONS : So far none but it is OVERLY OVERRATED ( I agree it is very useful , I am in love with it but there is no MAGIC involved . As there is no
BABY SITTING involved people love it so much they over rate it. * I myself love it , so don't get me wrong *
PRICE : At thanksgiving I got it for arounf $85 including a protection plan .. Regular price varies but it is around $120. Honestly it is a very good
INVESTMENT and would buy it for $120 if I was unable to grab it for the sale price.
PROTECTION PLAN : YAY or NAY ?? I took it as it was only $10 for 4 years .. If you have kids, or you drop things frequently etc better take it
Better safe than SORRY right?? You can always sleep peacefully.
DO YOU NEED TO BUY ADDITIONAL RECIPE BOOKS ?? If you are an experimental person and have a lot of time in Kitchen - answer is NO ,
You are better off with joining a Facebook group to find interesting recipes. But if you are busy , dont want to trial and error then yes buy
couple of ebooks for quick cooking , ofcourse you can join facebook groups as well , since it is totally free :)
VERDICT : Awesome features , Very well built appliance and consistently improving for every new model. Perfect for almost every cooking need.
* DONT GET DISHEARTENED if your recipes failed when you started using it.. It happens to everyone .. it takes time and some trial and error to get the exact recipe timings to your taste and texture. Everyone who bought this has been through that phase , so give sometime and try :)
6 month UPDATE :
1. Clean up is a breeze , the stainless steel is almost like non stick and doesn't need lot of scrubbing.
2. I do like to cook 2 things at a time and never tried 3 at a time as I am little afraid that some how they might get spilled while boiling and cooking
3. Saves time, one pot to clean , so my cooking time on stove is greatly reduced.
4. I have a guilty secret to share, I rarely clean the lid .. it never gets dirty or smelly so I am too lazy to clean it lol .. but I clean once a month or whenever I see splatters of food.
5. For tough stains, pour baking soda, vinegar, dish soap or essential oils into the pot, put the lid and do manual 2 mins. All the stains and stuck food easily comes off and it is a SPA day for your IP.
6. Now there are NEWER models available, cant wait to get them ( not sure when ).
7. So far I LOVE it and no regrets.
If you find my review helpful then please click helpful button below, as I write clear, concise reviews to help people to make a decision.
I have a pretty awful electric hob in my kitchen and i find that the instant pot is far, far better on saute mode when i need high heats (such as browning mince).
Now for the negative/considerations
- It is big. If you have a small kitchen (like mine), it seems to take the whole place over. I've had to find storage for it when i'm not using it (which is also at a premium). This isn't the instant pots fault, i just wish i'd seen a review pointing this out before i bought it.
- There are a lot of options configurable but i'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing. The way the user interface is designed doesn't prioritise ease of use for a novice. Reading the manual is a must.
- There is a delay facility built in so that you can get the IP to start automatically. Great! I have to read the manual every time to find out how to do it because of the interface.
- Slow Cooker: The temperatures of each option aren't the same as others out there, which is a bit strange. When using a recipe that says "Low", make sure you use the "Normal" setting on the instant pot - your food will come out basically raw if you use the "Less" option. Remember to set the valve position to "Venting"
- It beeps. A lot. It drives my flatmate up the wall!
I never realised how much time I spent at my cooker, watching & stirring my pans... cooking with the instant pot is simple.. pop the ingredients in, lock the lid, set the timer & walk away!! The automatic keep warm facility is great for keeping your food hot until you’re ready to eat.
It’s fantastic if you like cooking from scratch or are following a whole food plant based diet as you can cook dried beans & lentils in minutes (often without soaking) & rice cooks in half the time stated on the packet.
I’ve made delicious vegan curries, meat casseroles, whole chicken & tender beef joints (for meat eating husband), steamed puddings - kids love spotted dick & custard, rice pudding, porridge & cheesecakes... all within a fraction of the time it takes to cook on/in the oven but more importantly, without having to watch the Pot at all!!
There are thousands of recipes available online and also a great instant pot uk Facebook page with loads of hints and tips.
Useful accessories: extra inner pot, very handy when cooking two dishes (a veggie one for me & the kids and a meat one for my other half).
A steamer basket. Instant Pot spring form cake tins. Bowls for when using pot in pot method.
I was so impressed with my pot that I purchased one for my son & daughter in law (who absolutely love it) and am hoping that Santa brings me a 6L pot for Christmas so I can cook veggie & meat dishes at the same time!! LOVE IT!
Most recent customer reviews