- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
BIOS Instant Notes in Bioinformatics Paperback – 21 Aug 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dr David Westheand and Dr Howard Parish, School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Leeds
Top Customer Reviews
It would seem to me, as someone relatively new to bioinformatics, that most bioinformaticians work within a very specialized area, this book would do a good job in widening the scope of knowledge of these people. It may also be a good book to help final year students pull together concepts learned on their courses. As with other "Instant Notes" series books, the chapter summaries are absolutely fantastic - and the links to related chapters and linking concepts are as good as you are going to get without using HTML. Overall I would say its a book worth having if you work in the field...but keep your senses alert because things are happening so fast!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics