Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£8.39

on 13 July 2013
I first played with the GIMP under Linux many years ago but because of Adobe and their "Cloud" stuff, decided that it was time to take another look and this is an excellent reference source for it. I bought it as a Kindle ebook so that I could run it on a netbook whilst I work on the actual program on a full size PC and screen without cluttering it up.

Because I am very familiar with Photoshop, the broad concepts behind the GIMP I am totally at ease with which includes just why you would use the program in the first place. My personal need was to find any differences in the way the software handled things so for me, this book delivered on what I wanted. Although I cannot say hand on heart that this would be a great book for someone coming fresh to the concept because 'experts' often take things for granted that can be daunting to 'beginners', I think that it could do that job too and it is good value for money.
on 17 May 2013
service was excellent but have trouble understanding how to work the programme. Still playing around with it. may one day be able to use it