on 1 May 2007
I've been a huge fan of Ms Hay's cooking for the last 7 years. Not only her cooking is simple and easy to do, but the taste is delicious and I never heard anyone complaining when I used one of her recipes. I bought this book with my eyes closed - and I did well as I was not disappointed. The menus presented are easy and original enough to have guests with a little plus on your side. The funny bit is that nothing is weird, no strange mixture of taste, but she's still able to be original. A definite buy - especially for people who, like me, love to eat but have little time on their hands.
on 23 August 2009
I confess to loving all of Donna's books. This one is a little different in that she puts the starters, mains and desserts together for you - which doesn't stop you from mixing and matching anyway - and she gives you suggestions for different kinds of parties which is very useful. Great pictures and with delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. Another Donna classic!
on 11 June 2009
Beautiful photography a feast for the eyes of easy to prepare three course meals for entertaining.
on 8 February 2016
Not just great recipes but great ideas on table settings and presentation. I come back to this book year after year and it's always a pleasure to read through and get inspiration. Lovely looking recipes and ideas and full meal plans given. Lovely photography too.
on 4 July 2009
I recommend this book to anyone. It is full of simple, achievable and impressive looking dishes. The photography is fabulous making the book a joy to look through even if you don't want to cook. There are lots of helpful suggestions too. It was well worth buying.
on 23 December 2015
Great book.Exellent condition.Exceeds my expectations
on 18 February 2015
Purchased as a gift-cannot ,therefore,comment.