on 31 October 2010
This really is a step by step guide and will be great for both motoring and walking. Also helpful for planning a trip when you only have limited knowledge of an area. Will be easy to carry on travels too, not too bulky or weighty either.
12 people found this helpful
on 8 March 2015
Excellent pocket guide - full of info for my holiday.
on 17 April 2012
I have found this book an excellent source of information regarding the area and the tours that are available.I have used it extensively.
One person found this helpful
on 28 November 2015
Perfect
on 14 September 2011
This is a fairly comprehensive of the Italian Lakes. However, as we were just visiting Lake Garda, I would have appreciated more detail on this Lake.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 August 2011
I have bought two books from Amazon on this subject and this one is a good addition to the other
One person found this helpful
on 8 August 2011
I thought this a very informative book and the suggested trips a great idea. For instance we didn't know that there was a boat/train trip to Locarno from Stresa on Lake Maggiore, and we have holidayed in Stresa before! A good book if you don't want too much information before you go after all to us the whole point of visiting somewhere is to discover it for ourselves.
5 people found this helpful
on 19 April 2011
We found this an excellent guide for out first visit to the Italian Lakes. As we visited only Lake Maggiore, we can't comment on its handling of the other Lakes, but we always found it clear and reliable whenever we turned to it. Having this Step-by-Step Guide with us certainly helped us to have an excellent holiday.
9 people found this helpful