Inside Track, Succeeding in Exams and Assessments Paperback – 28 May 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Get the Inside Track to Succeeding in Exams & Assessments.
Succeeding in Exams & Assessments will help all students, regardless of subject or course of study to get to grips with the learning and assessment skills that you will need to succeed at university. The book covers all aspects of the exam from taking legible notes, to revision strategies, right through to mental preparation and how to use the exam experience to your advantage.
Passing the exam is only part of securing good marks there are other skills that will help you to to prepare for, and do well in, all forms of assessment, such as how to read effectively, and how to use a model. This book will help you to develop all of the skills and practical techniques necessary to prepare for your exams and assessments during your course, and includes:
- Understanding what a tutor is really looking for
- Advice on how to use exam experience good or bad to your advantage in the future
- Practical advice on avoiding plagiarism and how to use software packages, such as EndNote
- Guidance on making the transition from school to university student and how HE study differs to A level study
- A focus on both mental and practical preparation for exams
About the Author
Eddie Blass is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education at the University of Hertfordshire. Having taught and marked assessments for a number of years, she has developed a wealth of experience and materials to help students learn how to succeed in exams and assessments.