- Warning: Not suitable for children under 3 years. For use under adult supervision
- Warning: Toy inside. Adult supervision recommended
- Warning: To be used under the direct supervision of an adult
- Warning: This toy does not provide protection
Insect Lore Butterfly Garden
|Price:||£13.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£5.47 (28%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
Reusable, collapsible net for easy storage (30cm tall), feeding pipette, voucher for 5 Painted Lady caterpillars with food to be redeemed (p&p fee required), complete instructions for habitat. Please note that a small postage and packing fee of £2.99 is required to have your caterpillars sent at the time of redeeming your coupon. If you receive a USA certificate please send this into; Insect Lore, Unit 11 IQ Trade Estate, Warren Road, Indian Queens, TR9 6TL. Postage and packing fee also applies to the USA certificate.
From the manufacturer
Original Butterfly Garden With Live Cup of Caterpillars
Watch the Miracle of Metamorphosis Up Close.
A family and classroom favourite for almost 50 years. This educational kit offers children, students and families an unforgettable opportunity to watch caterpillars change into chrysalides and then emerge as beautiful Painted Lady Butterflies. Raise and feed your very own butterflies and then release them outdoors. The entire transformation from caterpillar to adult butterfly takes about three weeks.
See An Amazing Transformation.
5 caterpillars will arrive in a clear plastic cup with all of the nutritious food they need. Place the cup in a safe place away from direct sunlight. The caterpillars will remain in the cup and will eat, spin silk and grow to TEN times their original size. After seven to ten days they will hang upside down and harden into chrysalides.
The Original Butterfly Garden With Live Cup Of Caterpillars
- A cup of 5 caterpillars complete with nutritious food.
- Feeding Pipette.
- Caterpillars to Butterflies Instruction Guide.
- Pop-up, reusable 11.5-inch tall mesh habitat perfect for butterfly viewing.
Raise Your Very Own Butterflies.
The Insect Lore butterfly habitat is a reusable, cylindrical mesh container perfect for up close butterfly viewing. When not in use it folds flat for easy storage. Once the chrysalides have hardened, gently move them to the pop-up butterfly habitat. It will take about seven to ten more days for them to complete the transformation to adult butterflies. Keep a close eye on the habitat so you don't miss the fascinating birth of your Painted Lady Butterflies.
One to two hours after emergence, your butterflies will be fully formed and ready to eat and fly. Place fresh flowers in the habitat for your butterflies to rest on and then use the feeding pipette included to drip sugar water, or nectar, on the flowers. Watch your butterflies eagerly sip the nectar with their long proboscises. Butterflies also love to feed from fresh slices of watermelon and oranges.
Set Your Butterflies Free.
Enjoy your butterflies for a few days, and then experience the excitement of letting them go to continue their amazing life cycle. Release your butterflies within a week of their emergence from the chrysalides when daytime temperatures are above 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Simply take the butterfly habitat out to your yard, unzip the cover and let your butterflies go. Butterflies will often land on little hands and faces before flying away. Watch for your butterfly friends, as they may decide to remain in your garden for a few days.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is a wonderful gift and children are much more likely to remember with fondness a natural wildlife experience like this, rather than a toy. It is easy to keep the net for an annual butterfly project too, and it's always magical to see them emerge.
1. Read all of the literature and view videos beforehand, and then read it all again. In fact, read a few books about insects in general, they are ace! Seriously, you need to not be in a position where the caterpillars turn up and you're scrambling around looking for the leaflet which somehow has disappeared from the box. Also you don't want to look like a bumbling amateur in front of kiddies.
2. Don't leave the care of vulnerable darling insects to kids. This all needs the care and dedication of an adult, and if you're not wringing your hands in anxiety over the fate of these tiny creatures at least twice a day you're not putting the time in.
3. Put a stiff tray under the butterfly enclosure to keep it stable when you move it around. It is a flimsy net and the bottom warps, resulting in pupae rolling around on the floor unless you put the entire thing on a hard surface.
4. Load up your cardboard chrysalis stand with a few dried peas to give it some weight and mechanical hardness, otherwise the card tends to fatigue and your carefully balanced cup lid laden with chrysalids ends up falling flat onto the enclosure floor.
5. Don't pin the chrysalis cup lid to the side of the netting. Opening and closing the zip on the lid results in the entire enclosure warping or shaking and flinging your precious animals around. Use the chrysalis holder, or blue-tack the holder to the ground leaning against the net.
6.Read more ›
Only four of the five caterpillars survived but you get a guarantee that at least 3 will become butterflies.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Amazing!! Best experience for my 7 year old daughter and myself. We loved caring and watching these beautiful creatures grow:)Published 2 days ago by leonna hibbert
Coupons, codes and all this maze for 5 caterpillars. Just send them straight away, that's the reason we're buying it.Published 2 days ago by Ioannis
This absolutely lived up to our expectations. What a pleasure it was for the kids and for us parents too! Read morePublished 2 days ago by D SLATER
This was bought for my 9 year old grandson, he thought it was fantastic watching them grow, They have just transformed into butterflies and are getting ready to be released into... Read morePublished 10 days ago by Derek Gaulter