- Hardcover: 368 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (21 Nov. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1444336959
- ISBN-13: 978-1444336955
- Product Dimensions: 20.1 x 2.4 x 25.4 cm
- See Complete Table of Contents
Insect Histology: Practical Laboratory Techniques Hardcover – 21 Nov 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A very useful book to have in your library. (British Journal of Entomology & Natural History, 1 March 2015)
From the Back Cover
This helpful guide is self–contained, holding all of the information you will need for the preparation of histological slides of all types of insect tissues. It explains the essential procedures for their preparation, providing step–by–step information on each phase, for example, on fixation, dehydrating, clearing, embedding, and staining.
The laboratory manual explains the cutting–edge methodology carried out today, and provides a thorough collection of both historically established and modern insect histology techniques side–by–side. It is the first book to present these various techniques appropriate to insects.
Key issues covered include:
- the use of genetic markers in insect histology;
- important approaches for the preparation of tissues and
organs for SEM and TEM Fluorescence;
- new immunohistochemical techniques;
- histological problems encountered
in insect tissues such as sclerotized chitin, yolk–laden eggs, chromosomes,
genitalia, etc., and how to deal with them.
Photographs show the likely results of procedures, components of the process, and advantages of the use of particular approaches or compounds. As a comprehensive resource, this book is for students and researchers in entomology, systematics, developmental biology, insect cell biology, and morphology, wanting a clear introduction to the procedures for the histological display of insect tissues.See all Product description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Insects
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences