Inquiring Man: Theory of Personal Constructs Paperback – 23 Jan 1986
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Bannister and Fransella (both sadly no longer with us now) explain George Kelly's theory of Personal Constructs in a structured and focused way that is both relevant and practical in that it will help you put into practice the concepts and approach. The key concepts and underpinning philosophy (which can be quite off putting and confusing) is explained in practical terms that make sense.
If you're interested in how the individual sees their world and want to know how to communicate and connect more effectively then this is the book to start you on your new life!
I decided to review all my books and look for one sentence that is helpful and justifies why it's
worth buying the book and learning more.
Imagine, instead of having the construct of good vs bad - you created the construct of good vs even better or even good vs brilliant...
"We can only make assumptions about what reality is and then proceed to find out how useful or useless these assumptions are..."
I use a simple construct of helpful vs unhelpful so I hope this review has been helpful and I hope you choose to learn more about the psychology of personal constructs...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z