The Inner Child in Dreams (C. G. Jung Foundation Books) Paperback – 1 May 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Kathrin Asper is a Jungian analyst in private practice as well as a training analyst and lecturer at the C. G. Jung Institute in Zurich. She also lectures and gives workshops in the United States.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
There are some quirks in her writing which might really turn some people off, although they didn't bother me in this case. She sees the feminine as the opposite of the patriarchal, and also attributes these qualities a little more easily to the biological genders than is approved of nowadays. Also, when she talks about religion and mythology (as Jungians are apt to do) she spends about two thirds of the time discussing Christianity, which some of us infidels might find tiresome.
But her approach is intuitive, intelligent, and despite her biases, inclusive. While her writing moves a bit slowly, the cases that she discusses are moving and interesting, and her topics are surprisingly profound and thought provoking. So much literature on dreams and Jungianism today is insubstantial, and this book is an exception. Although this book is not a masterpiece, I still highly recommend it for those interested in the subject.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Psychoanalysis > Theory
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Sleep & Dreams
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help