Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 13 October 2014
This is the most mind bending science fiction I have read in years. David Simpson writes as if he has decades of experience. It is, frankly hard to believe he has been around for such a short period of time.
I have been an avid reader of both fiction & nonfiction for almost half a century. I have read literally thousands of books in that time. With that level of experience I am not very easily pleased. David Simpson has managed to hook me in like no-one else since the late & very great Iain M Banks.
Although science fiction is my true passion I have not restricted myself to the genre. I have read everything from the historical novels of Bernard Cornwell, through the crime & espionage epics of Robert Ludlum & Clive Cussler, to the social commentaries of George Orwell, Harper Lee & Iain Banks. Suffice it to say, I know a good story teller & indeed a good story when I see one.
The Post-Human series of books is exactly that. This is not simply another one of those run of the mill tales. This is a journey into a whole new realm. This is a vision of what we could become. A dream & a nightmare all at once. With more twists & turns than the Hampton Court Palace maze you will be left guessing at the turn of every page. Once you start you will find it very difficult to stop. As one book finishes you will be grasping for the next installment.
This is just the beginning. David Simpson is destined for cult status. He will be thought of with the same respect & admiration as Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein & Verne. If you doubt my words, just pick up one of his books & try to put it down again.
on 24 January 2015
What an amazing book! Brilliantly written, great characters, and a storyline that takes big-thinking to the next level. I was constantly surprised at the twists and turns taken by this story; it is easily a worthy follow up to the first 4 books. The plot only becomes apparent bit by bit, but all of it is exciting, convincing and enjoyable. I think these books are pitched just at the right level, exciting Sci Fi with some great ideas. Plenty to get stuck in to, nicely paced, fluid writing and a satisfying ending. What more could you want? Recommended!
on 15 March 2015
It is really helpful to have read the previous four books before you read this, the fifth book in the series. It continues the story of James, Old Timer, Thel, Rich, Djanet and the others as they work out what on earth is going on in the universe and battle to save themselves and others in to the bargain.

It is definitely a book that I will re-read (and possibly the previous 4 as well). It is the sort of book that has you reading at breakneck speed so that you can keep up with the action! I liked the way the plot switched from one scene to another keeping you up to date with what each character or group of characters was doing, without going on too long, so that the contact was lost with the others.

This book is unique in that its readers have raised its profile to the point that it will probably be shot as a movie at some time. What better recommendation could you have?

I would recommed this book to a friend (and I have, and they went out and got it).

5/5 Stars

I received an e-ARC of this novel from the author.
on 7 May 2014
Part 5 of the post human series. Seriously, these books should come with a warning as once you start them, you gobble them up as fast as you can. Amazingly human and well though out characters you can really identify with and fall in love with, simply mind blowing plots with twists and turns coming at you with no hope of knowing what's coming next but amazingly surprised when you do. I highly recommend these books, I can't get enough of them. Next please!!!!!
on 23 January 2015
Amazing, original and a real page turner. I enjoyed each and every book so far. I'm not a fan of sci fi books, but i think this series has made me a convert. Thankyou Mr Simpson for writing this so well and introducing me to another genre.
on 12 February 2015
There are many Sci Fi books out there that touch on many different evolutions of the human race and how we'll eventually spread out into space. Post-Human examines a subject that is much more likely to be our future. There's no gravity well in computing, speeds double every year...
AI is coming and we need to examine the character of an entity that we will offer that much power. It is my sincere hope that those building AI are aware of just how much more dangerous than nuclear weapons such an endeavour actually is.

David Simpson writes beautifully in a fast paced action movie style which makes your eyes slide over the page. I read all 5 of the series (so far) in a few days....

You should too.
on 24 May 2015
To be honest, I read the first 4 books as a package for £1.19. I was pleasantly surprised by them. Inhuman is the best of all of them so far. A longer length and a more polished offering than previous books. I wont spoil the story but builds nicely on the past books. The cast of characters are quite small but engaging, I have enjoyed the development of Craig Emilson & Chief Aldous especially. A must read for any sci- fi fan, I am looking forward to reading "The God Killers" which I`ve just downloaded.
on 11 March 2015
I felt like this book finally wrapped up a lot of the loose ends from the first book in the series, Sub-Human. There are technologies used in that book that never re-appear in the rest of the series until now. Previously, I have said that Sub-Human was the weakest link in the series, but now it actually fills a necessary role in the development of the plot and it's easier to see the purpose for Craig's original adventures. The story is compelling and the action is delivered brilliantly. The plot is relatively unpredictable, but provides enough leads that you can begin to speculate about what will happen next. I felt that Inhuman was another great addition to the series. You definitely have to read these in order.
on 3 November 2014
I really enjoyed the post-human series, they all kept me wanting to read the next page. There were great deal of new ideas that I could not predict. I'll keep a eye out for more books from David Simpson as I really like his style and fresh approach.
on 25 February 2015
What can I say? An excellently written, very well crafted follow on from book four in the series. More twists and turns than a good detective novel.
Some of the technology predicted may not be far away, some may never happen. But one thing that shines through is humanity in all of its glory and tenacity and with all of its faults, prejudices and evils.
A great read.