- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Simon and Schuster; Original ed. edition (1 Feb. 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0684854163
- ISBN-13: 978-0684854168
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 2.3 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,700,164 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Infusions of Healing: A Treasury of Mexican-American Herbal Remedies Paperback – 1 Feb 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A guide to Mexican herbal healing, offers treatments for common ailments, using teas, liniments, compresses, and soothing baths.
About the Author
Joie Davidow, an award-winning journalist, was a founder of the L.A. Weekly, L.A. Style magazine and Si, a national Latino lifestyle publication, and is coeditor with Esmeralda Santiago of two anthologies, Las Christmas: Favorite Latino Authors Share Their Holiday Memories and Las Mamis: Favorite Latino Authors Remember Their Mothers. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Each herb is given no more than 2 or 3 paragraphs. We are given an "Introduction"; the "Part Used"; the "Properties", and what the herb is "Used to Treat". Also, there are warnings for using the herbs under certain conditions (pregnancy, liver or kidney disease, gallstones, etc.) There are recipes for mouthwashes, skin creams, insect bites, body soaks, and much, much more.
Wonderful drawings scattered throughout. It's worth a read for the little bits of herbal history if for nothing else. I love this book.