on 18 January 2016
I chose this thermometer based on the numerous positive reviews, however I did find it strange when my baby never seemed to have a temperature, even when she seemed really poorly when friends with babies the same age had done on several occasions. I had a call from the nursery today to say she had a temperature. When I picked her up it was 38.3c and when I used this thermometer at home 5 mins later it was 36.2c. When she was 2 or 3 months old she was poorly after her vaccinations and her temp according to this thermometer was 37.8c, so could have been 40c which could have potentially been very dangerous! Do not buy this product!
on 3 October 2013
I'm a GP so I used it on babies and children mainly. The recorded temperatures were not accurate so I had to replace it.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2012
Really happy with this product having used the underarm thermometer in the past, this is more accurate and a lot less stressful to use for a sick child.
on 29 November 2011
Very easy to use and quick accurate reading. Easy to store. Not bad price as well. Plenty enough extra covers.
on 26 October 2012
I'm very happy with this thermometer the only thing I would say is to make sure the tip isn't freezing cold as this can give a false reading so either warm it in your hand slightly or take your temp until you have 3 readings that are almost the same . All thermometers for ears are the same unless you buy the braun one which pre heats the tip
on 6 March 2012
I have been really pleased with this product as I was little apprehensive about buying the cheapest version. I have to say though that you don't need to pay more! The product is very user friendly and makes taking my baby's temperature easy whilst giving an accurate reading.
on 7 September 2012
When you or your little one is unwell its most important that you are able to measure accurate body temperature. I have ordered two of these, but found both of them to be very inconsistent with their readings. Every time I measured they showed different reading (with in matter of few seconds). Its fast and easy to use but anything but accurate or reliable.
on 14 April 2014
When my baby was poorly and was very hot to the touch I used this to discover that he had a different temperature each time I took it, ranging from 37.5 to 39.9 All I could establish was that his temperature MAY have been, and probably was, too high.
Unlike the more expensive Braun thermometer, which I am now going to buy, this one doesn't have anything to indicate whether the tip has been inserted correctly onto the ear canal which probably explians the wildly different readings.
Not really reassuring and I wouldn't recommend it.
on 24 June 2012
Firstly, you may need a little practice with this if you have never used an in-ear thermometer before. Me and my wife practiced on each other for a couple of days, verifying the results with our under-arm thermometer.

However, once you've got the hang of it, it is a brilliant little unit. Reads temperature in about a second, which is great when you have unhappy, unwell children!

I was going to spend £35 on a "branded" model, but I'm so glad I didn't as this unit perfectly serves our needs, and was £25 cheaper!
on 1 July 2012
While cheapest among all similar products online, it is excellent. Gives accurate temperature, and has memory of last 10 readings, so that you can keep a track if you forget it.
1 second response to get temperature.
Excellent!
Have ordered 3 more same items to gift.