Infrared Thermal Imaging: Fundamentals, Research and Applications Hardcover – 25 Aug 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This hardcover, richly illustrated hands–on guide is specifically written in an understandable style for practitioners in the field of IR imaging, for physics and science teachers and for researchers. The authors ? both professors at the University of Applied Sciences Brandenburg (Germany) ? comment: ?There is today the paradox of more cameras being sold worldwide than there are technicians understanding the physics behind them, let alone being able to properly interpret the colourful images generated.?
Even the specialised reader finds extensive background knowledge of a great deal of aspects in a wide field of application domains. The specific contents of the cases discussed give readers, as technicians, an additional tool which they can use to select cases that suit their everyday needs.
It is the usual perception that the use of IR cameras for
educational purposes is limited primarily to help visualize processes in thermodynamics such as heat conduction, evaporation, radiation and convection. In this book the authors show that the range of pedagogical applications of IR cameras is much wider. ...
Readers who may want to repeat the experiments will appreciate the colour IR photos that are equipped with temperature scales from which one may learn which settings to use in order to achieve the best visibility of the phenomena to be observed. ...
One can only wish that future authors of similar books will try to meet the standards set by this one.
From the Back Cover
This richly illustrated hands–on guide is designed for researchers, teachers and practitioners. The huge selection of examples taken from science, basic teaching of physics, practical applications in industry and a variety of other disciplines spanning the range from medicine to volcano research allows readers to pick those that come closest to their own individual task at hand. Following a look at the fundamentals of IR thermal imaging, properties of the imaging systems, as well as basic and advanced methods, the book goes on to discuss IR imaging applications in teaching, research and industry. Specific examples include thermography of buildings, microsystems and the rather new field of IR imaging of gases.
Impartially written by expert authors in the field from a renowned applied science institution, who are in the unique position of having both experience in public and private research and in teaching, this comprehensive book can be used for teaching beginners in the field as well as providing further education to specialized staff, students and researchers.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics