Informix Guide to Database Design and Data Warehousing (Informix Press) Paperback – 19 Nov 1999
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- The authoritative database design guide for Informix Dynamic Server.2000 and Informix Enterprise Decision Server!
- Detailed data models illustrating each key approach to database design
- Proven, step-by-step techniques for building your Informix-based data warehouse
- Using SQL to implement and manage enterprise databases
The Informix insider's guide to database and data warehouse design!
Written by a team of insiders, this is the most complete, authoritative guide to database and data warehouse design, implementation, and administration with Informix Dynamic Server.2000 and Informix Enterprise Decision Server. You'll start by walking through the construction of data models that illustrate each key approach to database design. Compare ANSI and non-ANSI compliant databases, learn the fundamentals of entity-relationship modeling, and choose appropriate data types. Next, you'll learn how to use the Informix implementation of SQL to implement and manage your databases.
The Informix Guide to Designing Databases and Data Warehouses covers all this, and more:
- Implementing relational data models with the CREATE DATABASE and CREATE TABLE statements, synonyms, synonym chains, and command scripts
- Applying fragmentation strategies for maximizing database and data warehouse performance
- Implementing dimensional data models-including solutions to common problems
- Applying indexing techniques for data warehousing environments
- Granting and limiting access to data through privileges, views, and stored procedures
Whether you're a manager, developer, or DBA, the Informix Guide to Designing Databases and Data Warehouses is your authoritative single source for guidance on high-performance database design with Informix Dynamic Server.2000 and Informix Enterprise Decision Server.
About the Author
Look for similar items by category