- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Information Visualization: Design for Interaction Hardcover – 18 Dec 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Design for Interaction
“Spence has completely reorganized the material, creating a significant revision that hinges on the three main concepts of representation, presentation, and interaction. […] He writes with clarity and insight, carefully explaining the important ideas of the field as well as their significance.”
~ From the Foreword by John Stasko, Georgia Institute of Technology
One of the greatest challenges of our time is to make sense of the overwhelming amount of information all around us. The concepts and techniques of Information Visualization (IV) help us to understand this deluge of data.
The second edition of Information Visualization has been completely restructured to focus on core concepts and novel technologies that allow us to interact with information in new and exciting ways.
Highlights of the Second Edition include
- A new structure to enable readers to grasp key concepts more easily;
- A wealth of new Case Studies showing different applications of IV;
- New exercises to test your understanding;
- A DVD featuring video examples of IV in action.
Check out the Companion Website at www.pearsoned.co.uk/spence for additional resources for students and instructors.
About the Author
Robert Spence is Professor of Information Engineering at Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in London. He is widely recognized to be one of the pioneers of IV, and has taught the subject world-wide to both students and professionals.
Top Customer Reviews
For advanced readers in the field, it is thought provoking as it gathers together concepts that may not have been considered associated with one another.
Further the style, quality of images, print etc makes this a joy to read.
Altogether a very good book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Interface Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation