I thought this book was an excellent overview of things to consider when building a web site - things that you need to do before cutting code. I read it when I first started consulting and leading teams on web site projects about two years ago and it really helped get me up to speed quickly.
I especially liked the section on searching - because so many sites seem to do this badly.
Essential reading for anyone involved in web site design, consulting, team leading, the lot!
on 26 August 2003
This books is probably more useful to those interested in gaining a foothold into the discipline of Information Architecture rather than the casual browser.
That said, it is well written in an easy style, and contains lots of information useful for any level of user.
One beef, and it is major one: COLOUR!!! You MUST print books of this type in colour for the arguments to be effective. It is a primary consideration when organising web sites.
on 3 January 2001
As a web developer not specialising in IA but with a couple of years experience I can't say this book offered me much I handn't seen before. However it is well written and may be usefull for explaining concepts to beginners or managment folk.