on 31 October 2008
I wore this to a halloween party and not only did I win best dressed it also makes everybody laugh. The illusion of riding the horse work very well and confuses a lot of people. The only down side of this costume is the size when fully inflated, it is NOT ideal for your averge house party,as it is very large.Also walking in it can be tricky, especially on stairs. I would advise wearing the costume a couple of times before the event.
New batteries last up to 6 hours powering the fan which is usually more than adiquite for most parties.

Overall this product is very good value and can be used for any event requiring fancy dress.
on 17 August 2012
I bought this costume a few weeks ago. Not for any specific occasion more for the fun of it as I have always wanted to be a cowboy.

I put on my best shirt, donned my hat and the horse inflated. After a couple of days of wear the horse (Stanley) and I were getting along very well. I would proudly patrol my local town centre, keeping people safe from bandits and such. The costume became a part of me. It consumed my personality, I actually believed I was a cowboy! I spent a lot of time with Stanley in the barn, by barn I mean garage, we slept together, ate together, bathed together. We grew very close, some said too close, but he was my valiant steed, a real life mustang! My social circle decreased dramatically, I lost my job as I kept bringing Stanley to work with me, I've been threatened with eviction and my wife and children have disowned me. But I had Stanley and Stanley had me.

That was until the day of the robbery. As I was cantering through town past Superdrug a bandit came running from the store. Hands full of lipstick and eye liner being pursued by the store detective. "Howdy Sheriff, let me deal with this!" I said as I turned around and pursued the thief. I caught up with him and as I tried to dismount Stanley he was pierced by the sharp top of some Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional! The bandit got to his feet and escaped down a back alley. Meanwhile Stanley was in critical condition, slowly deflating in the street whilst crowds of onlookers watched in horror. I sat beside him slowly stroking his face to keep him calm until the vet arrived.Unfortunately by the time they got to us Stanley was too far deflated and pierced to save. They shot him on site...

I am slowly rebuilding my life after my loss. I still have fond memories of wrangling cattle and frolicking in a shallow river with Stanley. My family have accepted me back into their lives and my landlord will reconsider letting me stay provided there is no more horse muck left in the kitchen.

In conclusion, would I suggest buying the Inflatable Costumes (Cowboy On Horse)? Yes, yes I would. I only rate it low because I miss Stanley so much. Just imagine the adventures you could have with your own little Stanley!

Stanley 2012 - 2012. RIP lil buddy!
2323 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2016
This costume looks great. I've used it as a generic cowboy and also as woody + bullseye from Toy Story. I generally wear it with a white t-shirt and then an open checked/striped shirt with the sleeves rolled up and then add a neckerchief, sherif's badge and a better hat. The hat that comes with the outfit is very poor, it came very creased and is really plasticy, I bought a cheap one that is faux leather from else where. Excluding the hat the outfit is great, I completed a charity challenge in it which involved a fair amount of walking and the costume is much easier to walk in than expected which was good. It also inflates quickly and the fan which keeps it inflated is not too loud. The main difficulty is sitting while wearing the costume, the fan is directly where you'd like to sit so makes it very uncomfortable. I also sat down and broke the fan causing it to break in two however once I'd found the pieces it was easy to reassemble, I'd just removed it like you may wish to when you wash the costume.
I found the costume quite hot but that was partly because I've only wore it on a hot day and in a night club. It is also not amazing in the rain. I was slightly worried about ripping the costume but it's survived really well and is still in my wardrobe (it packs back nicely into the box) for the next time I need a giant inflatable horse outfit.
Definitely considering buying something else in the range as it was a very impressive costume, if it came with a better hat or included a badge or neckerchief it would be 5 stars.
on 12 April 2016
Great value - bought it for my squash partner buddy who weighs 10 stone lighter than me.
He even payed squash in it - and beat me!
(We raised funds for Sport Relief by creating a new sport of 'Sumo Squash'!)
on 2 November 2015
This outfit was so much fun. Everyone thought it was hilarious! The only downside is that it's a little bit noisy, a bit like a quiet hair dryer noise! It takes 4 batteries that lasted about 3 hours before it was getting floppy so I put in another 4. Still worth it though.
on 11 July 2011
I bought this for my 11 year old son. The hat unfortunately wasn't great but the horse itself was brilliant. He inflated, deflated it easily himself and it survived a party of 100 kids. Really good fun, good price and durable.
on 2 November 2009
I bought this item for a charity sponsored walk, i had the costume on for about 7 hours, changed the batteries once, everybody loved it, i didn't realise that there was a hat with the costume and i bought one also bought a few accessories to go with the theme, great fun and excellent value for money, everyone was shocked at how cheap it was, bargain.
on 28 July 2016
Awesome horsey costume, wore it for a festival. Batteries lasted all weekend and it acts as a moving air conditioning unit for your body as it inflates with a fan. Kept me nice and cool in the sun all weekend, unexpected bonus!
on 3 December 2009
Some of the reviews here on Amazon- and photos! - suggest this product does not inflate properly. The first time we tried it, that's what we thought. Then (ahem) we read the instructions. What makes the difference is the two concealed ties on the inside of the legs down at ankle level. Pulling these tight (plus the more obvious one at the waist) meant that the horse fully inflated within about 30 seconds. The instructions also point out that when you move about, air will get out of the body and it will go slightly floppy as the built-in blower struggles to keep up, but for the money this is brilliant, and it can be inflated properly assuming there are no cuts or tears in the material. Can't yet speak for the longevity of the blower, but no complaints so far!
on 13 December 2015
Love this! Gets a great laugh anytime I use it. Just make sure and use good (duracell) batteries, the ones from the pound shop don't inflate the horse fully. I'm 6'3" and it fits me too! Really good fun.