Industrial Mathematics: Case Studies in the Diffusion of Heat and Matter (Australian Mathematical Society Lecture Series) Paperback – 13 Dec 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
' … an excellent text … written and typeset so nicely, that it is a real pleasure to read it. This textbook is highly recommended for all students of mathematics, science and engineering, and will certainly benefit anyone who wishes to understand better how mathematical techniques are 'projected' onto the real-world problems. You will definitely understand much more about mathematical modeling and may even start loving it after having read this very nice book.' Zentralblatt für Mathematik und ihre Grenzgebiete Mathematics Abstracts
'I can wholeheartedly recommend it for a second year modelling course.' The Mathematical Gazette
The focus in this undergraduate text is on mathematical modelling stimulated by contemporary industrial problems involving heat conduction and mass diffusion. These problems prove to be an excellent setting for the introduction and reinforcement of modelling skills, equation solving techniques, qualitative understanding of partial differential equations and their dynamical properties.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis