on 27 January 2009
I loved this CD and so did my kids! My Eldest son (9) is highly sensitive and was getting to the point of throwing rages and crying jags everyday about silly things. He beats himself up about not doing things as well as he thinks he should be doing them and turns his frustration not only on himself but to his brothers and myself and his dad.
When I bought the CD I explained that he should try and follow what the lady says and that it might make him feel less stressed.
I can say, hand on heart, the very next morning saw a marked improvment in his demener. He isn't "cured" but he seemed more in controll of his emotions, less snappy and when he did get stressed he came down a lot quicker.
Maybe the stories and breathing exercises help him get a better nights sleep (he has it on at bedtime)and that was a lot of his trouble. I would highly recomend this CD and I am ordering Indigo Ocean dreams right now!! :)
on 22 February 2010
MY DAUGHTER LOVES THIS CD & I'VE NOT HAD A 'BEDTIME PROBLEM' SINCE.
SHE USED TO FREQUENTLY COME OUT OF HER ROOM & TELL ME SHE COULDN'T SLEEP, HAD TUMMYACHE, HEADACHE, FOOT PAIN ETC..ETC..NOW I DON'T HEAR FROM HER, SHE GOES TO BED WITH THIS CD ON.
on 21 January 2012
My son is on the ASD spectrum with a condition called Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome. He suffers from high levels of anxiety which displays itself in regular daily meltdowns. I highly recommend these beautiful, relaxing CD's which certainly have helped my child to actively listen and share in a storytime of calm, togetherness xx
on 26 September 2010
I put the Cd on for my boys - 4 and 5 years old whilst they are lying in bed just before they go to sleep. They always fall asleep just after the story has finished as they are listening to the final music. I can not recopmmend this CD highly enough for any parent - espeically any parent of a child who has difficulty unwinding!
on 15 March 2012
My son is 5 years old. I bought indigo dreams to try and help him to relax and relieve his stress. He can be quite an angry little boy at times and doesn't know how to manage it at his age. After counting to ten and taking deep breaths didn't work I decided to give the cd a go. I played it to him at bedtime; he went out like a light then woke the next morning a different child. He was helpful, kind to his brother, but more importantly he was happy. I would certainly recommend this cd to anyone who has a child that seems angry and stressed out. I will also be buying the other cd's in the collection.
on 26 February 2012
Indigo Dreams: 4 Children's Stories Designed to Decrease Stress and Anxiety While Increasing Self-Esteem and Self-Awareness [Audiobook] [Audio CD] is a series of stories along with a sound track. The stories are told in a very calm voice and have very soothing background music.The tone of the voice would be very relaxing even if the child did not understand the story. My favourite story was 'The Goodnight Caterpillar' and I think this could also be used to calm an early years class after an energetic PE session or as part of drama classs as the children could copy the caterpillar's actions.
on 3 February 2013
My daughter was having trouble getting to sleep and she didn't know why. This has been great as it has helped her relax and she has just been able to drift off to sleep listening to this- which is very soothing. would recommend
on 28 March 2012
These relaxation audios for children are presented in a style that is appealing to children as the strong story element engages their imagination and gently teaches them skills to focus on breathing and to quiet the mind. The professional quality of the recording is evident and I like the background noises that help to create the scene and support the child to focus on breathing. The second track re affirmations introduces a number of creatures that might not be familiar to children living away from the sea and therefore I'd recommend to also buy the beautifully illustrated story book Affirmation Weaver: A Believe in Yourself Story, Designed to Help Children Boost Self-Esteem While Decreasing Stress and Anxiety. as a visual support. (Fabulous books to support the other visualisatons are also available).
I particularly enjoyed the `Angry Octopus' and think that many children (and adults!) would benefit from this. These relaxation activities can have a calming effect and strengthen the child's ability to cope with stressful conditions, which is likely to leading to better emotional balance, improved thinking, attention and immune system. Like buying fresh fruit, this audio is something that's enjoyable and healthful for our children!
on 30 July 2006
As part of a complete set, Lorilite books and CDs help children come to terms with fears and low self esteem. They calm and reassure and promote healthy well being.
on 29 August 2013
althoug i think this is wuite prices as i paid over £17 for this i think it had truly helped my little monster settle at night and she looks forward to going to bed to listen to it she is 3 years of age