- Hardcover: 596 pages
- Publisher: Routledge India; 1 edition (14 Mar. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415739659
- ISBN-13: 978-0415739658
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 14.6 x 21.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 5,070,416 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
India’s Grand Strategy: History, Theory, Cases (War and International Politics in South Asia) Hardcover – 14 Mar 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
‘A must-read for those interested in new thinking in the world's most complex and challenged great power.’ ― Stephen Philip Cohen
‘An up-to-date, serious and thoughtful treatment of a very vital subject for all who care about India.’ ― Meghnad Desai
‘Bajpai, Basit and Krishnappa map a terrain that has been barely explored. There is no better introduction to understanding India's grand strategy.’ ― C. Raja Mohan
‘A decisive refutation of the thesis that India lacks ― or has not reflected on ― grand strategy. No scholar of Indian national security can afford not to engage [with] it.’ ― Ashley J. Tellis
‘A valuable introduction to an emerging literature on how India views its [economic] rise and what it means for the world.’ ― Sanjaya Baru
About the Author
Kanti Bajpai is Professor and Vice Dean (Research), Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore.
Saira Basit is Research Fellow, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), Oslo.
V. Krishnappa is Director, Futurestrat Learning Systems Private Limited, New Delhi.