- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
India Today: Economy, Politics and Society (Politics Today) Paperback – 26 Oct 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Encompassing a vast canvas succinctly and incisively, the book is a worthy addition to the scholarship on the subject."
"If you want a smart, pithy and extremely well–informed take on the central issues facing India today, as well as a guide to all the main debates, then this is the book you need."
Steven Wilkinson, Yale University
"Scrupulous and wide ranging in its survey of the relevant literature, sober and balanced in its judgements on the economy, polity and society, this book will prove indispensable for understanding how and why India is what it is today, and where it may be heading."
Achin Vanaik, Former Professor of International Relations and Global Politics, Department of Political Science, University of Delhi
"A magisterial inter–disciplinary work that explains how pro–business reforms drove three decades of high growth in India and then explores in depth the many challenges that yet remain. India is at an exciting stage of its journey: this book captures its achievements and vulnerabilities."
Mushtaq H. Khan, SOAS, University of London
"This is an exceptional book that will provide a useful and up–to–date overview of contemporary India for both established scholars and those new to the field. It is also sufficiently comprehensive and clearly written to make a useful teaching resource for both graduate and advanced undergraduate courses."
Trent Brown, Australian Catholic University
About the Author
Stuart Corbridge is professor of development studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
John Harriss is director of the School for International Studies at Simon Fraser University.
Craig Jeffrey is professor of human geography at the University of Oxford.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > History > Asia > India
- Books > History > Middle East
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > South East Asia
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science