Customer reviews

on 25 November 2017
Can't stop reading... 101 facts you cannot find in internet!
on 10 April 2008
Good writing, interesting stories, easy to read - a chapter at a time or a
pleasant afternoon of tennis anecdotes that the tennis buff will thoroughly enjoy.
Well done.
on 28 June 2017
A fun and engaging collection of truly incredible moments in tennis that will be sure to entertain any tennis enthusiast!
on 22 February 2011
This book is great for tennis fans and describes 101 incredible moments in bite size chunks, each story is approx 2-3 pages long so it's ideal if you haven't got much time, you can read about one of the "incredible moments" when you get a moment!

It includes statistics in the incredible stories and makes a really interesting and enjoyable read, memories of past Champions including a match between Nastase & McEnroe when chaos broke out with Nastase being disqualified & then re-instated (now I want a copy of that, I must see it!) right up to the recent classics with (my favourite) Nadal's triumph at twighlight at the 2008 Wimbledon.

Rafa fans will also love The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) as it has a long chapter called "A Fan's Feelings" of 80 poems about Rafa, his career, his personality & his good looks (& the rest of the book is brilliant too) No Rafa fan should be without it!
on 17 January 2011
Mr. Shifrin ably draws the reader into exciting stories about a game I love to play and watch. What I value most about this book is the author's multi-faceted approach to sharing this collection of "Moments." Yes, details about actual matches are shared, but so are player reactions to wins and losses, commentary on the impact of fashion selections, rule changes over time, the perceived prestige of various tournaments, prize money disparity, friendships & feuds among exciting personalities, and so on... In short, the author provides details that allow the reader to better appreciate not only the excitement of the overall plot of these stories, but insightful details about the cultural backdrop that make the reading experience so very enjoyable.
on 23 October 2014
Just when I thought I would never be inspired, energized, or motivated re: tennis, I found this book. It reinvigorated my love for the game, provided me with a bit of history and education, and was simply enjoyable! I could read it in short bursts, which works out perfectly for me at this point in my busy life. I don't have time to play much tennis anymore, and this book allowed me to vicariously experience the emotional highs and lows of this wonderful sport! i thoroughly enjoyed this book and give kudos to its author, a clear tennis aficionado and fellow lover of the sport!
on 22 February 2011
Short stories about incredible moments in tennis history, a collection of all the best, most exciting, contraversial and amazing moments in succinct stories of 2-3 pages each.

Very enjoyable, you can read a bit at a time if you're a busy person, ideal for your teabreak!

I must just let Rafa fans know about this book The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)which I love, it's got 80 poems in about how us fans feel about him, the highs the lows and his lovely humble personality and his sexy looks, and the other poems about love are good too.
on 12 December 2010
I've been a huge tennis fan for years and have read many books on the subject. I can honestly say that '101 Incredible Moments In Tennis' tops the list. There were more than a handful of stories that I have never heard before and I loved reliving some of the landmark moments from the history of the sport. The stories were well written and the book was a page turner. I highly recommend this book!
on 23 November 2010
Some of the great matches are listed in this Nadal & Federer Wimbledon 2008 & Federer & Roddick 2009. Along with some controversial moments in tennis. This should be updated agin soon with the longest tennis match ever with Isnet & Mahut in Wimbledon this year would definitely be in the top 5.
on 15 January 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was great to re-live matches that I've seen and learn about some incredible matches that I have missed. It really made me want to pick up my racquet and start playing again.
Makes a great gift for tennis and history lovers!