- Actors: Al Gore
- Directors: Davis Guggenheim
- Format: PAL, Anamorphic, Widescreen, Dolby, Digital Sound
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, American Sign Language
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: Exempt
- Studio: Paramount Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 26 Dec. 2006
- Run Time: 93 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (206 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B000IU4DO6
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,212 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
An Inconvenient Truth [DVD] 
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Documentary featuring former vice president Al Gore weaves the science of global warming with Gore's personal history and longtime c ommitment to communicating the need to reverse the effects of climate change.
Its not a horror film, but An Inconvenient Truth is certainly one of the scariest DVDs you could own. Presented in a straightforward format by former US Vice President Al Gore--think Royal British Institute lecture delivered with a Tennessee drawl--it sets out its compelling argument about climate change both methodically and entertainingly. Global warming is a real danger, argues Gore, and human civilisation is the root cause of it. A dizzying and shocking array of facts relating to carbon emissions, the population explosion and the disintegration of the polar icecaps all add weight to his thesis. Moreover, were already witnessing some of the effects of global warming around the world, with an increasing amount of storms, droughts and other natural disasters, more in the past few years. But Gore doesnt present these facts merely to terrify the viewer. Instead, theyre meant to shock us out of complacency and into action. Indeed, the film ends with some very simple ways we can all contribute to averting this impending global catastrophe. And that, argues Gore, is the point of An Inconvenient Truth. We have the ability to change our ways, what we lack is what Gore describes as "the political will." It is his hope that this film will begin to change all of that. --Ted Kord