- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Inca Land: Explorations in the Highlands of Peru (National Geographic Adventure Classics) Paperback – 8 Oct 2003
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
HIRAM BINGHAM was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, in 1875. After receiving a B.A. from Yale and a Ph.D. from Harvard, he sailed to South America in 1906. In 1911 he located the site of the last Inca capital and became the first person to ascend the 21,763-foot Mount Coropuma. The following year he discovered Machu Picchu. After serving in World War I, Bingham served as governor of Connecticut in 1925 and as a U.S. senator from 1925 to 1933. -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Paperback.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Central America
- Books > History > Americas > South America > Peru
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Incan
- Books > History > World History > Discovery & Exploration
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology