Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card - Interface USB 3.0 4-Port Express Card Desktop with 15 pin SATA Power Connector, [ Include with A 4pin to 2x15pin Cable + A 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-Cable ]
|Sale:||£22.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£17.00 (43%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 supports transfer rates of up to 5Gbps - The actual transmission speed is limited by the setting of the device connected.
- 4 USB 3.0 downstream ports for standard desktop PCs; Supports USB Hot Plug, Plug & Play; Support LPM, Low Energy Consumption; 15 pin SATA Power Connector to power USB devices from your PC power supply
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices; Operating System Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- With quick and easy installation, this USB 3.0 PCI express I/O Card offers a simple solution for connecting to and using USB 3.0 devices on your standard desktop PC. Enjoy copying videos, music, photos, data files between USB devices and the computer at blazing fast speeds
- Notice: Windows XP and Vista Users Please Note: Due to OS limitations, the real transfer speed after installation of the respective drivers will be located between the level of USB 2.0 and 3.0.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Due to frequently updated drivers, please download the latest version on our official website Inateck to enhance your using experience
1. To ensure sufficient power supply, it is necessary to connect the card to the power supply of the PC
2. Installation: Please go to the Inateck Website to view the PCI-E Card Installation Video
1) If your PC's power supply unit only has free 4pin Molex plugs left, please use the enclosed 4pin Molex to SATA converter to power the card; Please make sure the power cable strand colours match each other when connecting to the power augmentation, as to avoid faulty currents.
2) If there is no free 15pin SATA plug available in your PC, please use the enclosed 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-cable.
- PCI Express Expansion Card with 4 USB 3.0 Ports: With quick and easy installation, this PCI Express card expands your PC by four high-speed USB3.0 interfaces,Â offers a simple solution for connecting to USB 3.0 devices from your standard desktop PC
-Support UASP: 70% Faster than traditional USB 3.0, with UASP Transfer Protocol; The UASP Transfer Protocol only can accelerate read and write speed of SSD hard disk.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (with included drivers)
Windows 8 - No additional drivers are needed for Win8, it has built-in support for the FL1100 chipset
1x USB3.0 PCI-E expansion card
1x CD Driver
1x mounting screw
1x User Manual
1x 4pin to 2x15pin cable (the cable in older computers without 15pin SATA power connector is used to 4pin convert Molex to SATA ports)
1x 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-cable
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 9:52 Mins|
Being a PCI-E 1x card, you can install this into any available PCI-E slot in your system regardless of size, from 1x to 16x. Installing the card into a larger slot won't provide any additional speed, but it will still work just fine.
Speaking of speed, I performed both synthetic and real-world benchmarks to compare this expansion card to the built-in USB2.0 ports in my system. My test system was a Dell XPS9100 tower (i7-930 processor with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) in conjuction with a Western Digital My Passport 500GB USB 3.0 portal hard drive.
Using CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3a, I obtained the following results:
Dell USB2.0 Sequential Read, 1000MB: 33.94 MB/s
Dell USB2.0 Sequential Write, 1000MB: 26.41 MB/s
Dell USB2.0 Random Read, 512KB: 20.25 MB/s
Dell USB2.0 Random Write, 512KB: 12.87 MB/s
Inateck USB3.0 Sequential Read, 1000MB: 49.34 MB/s
Inateck USB3.0 Sequential Write, 1000MB: 48.75 MB/s
Inateck USB3.0 Random Read, 512KB: 25.Read more ›
Installing the card is very easy, and no force is needed to secure it in place. The bundled accessories come in very handy, as the USB card needs to be powered via the included cable in order to function. A set of mounting screws are also included for those with older style cases.
The comprehensive English only, (I hate going through a manual with a zillion languages) well laid out colour user guide should be read prior to proceeding with the installation.
It specifically mentions "Please make sure the hardware is installed before installing the driver". The mentioned driver is on an included CD.
Supported systems are Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32&64 bit)
My Windows 7 64bit recognised and installed the corresponding drivers in a jiffy.
I have had no problems whatsoever with this USB3 card, and definitely give it the thumbs up. Great buy!
***** In the box: *****
Upon opening the box, i found the PCI-E card which was nicely protected in an antistatic bag.
1 x spare back plate and screws, to allow the PCI-E card to be fitted into a small chassis that requires a half height card.
1 x SATA power splitter - to allow a single SATA power cable to be slit into 2.
1 x IDE power adapter - to allow a single IDE power connector to be converted to 2 SATA power connectors.
1 x User Manual
1 x Driver CD
***** The installation is very easy: *****
* Open the chassis and locate the PCI-E slot.
* Slot the PCI-E to USB 3.0 card into the slot and screw it in.
* attach a spare SATA power cable to the card (or use one of the supplied power Y cables).
* Boot the computer and then install the driver (I chose to go straight to Inateck.com and download the latest driver, but a driver is supplied on CD with the card).
***** Testing *****
Unfortunately my aging motherboard is only equipped with a PCI-E v1.0 slot, so i knew that i wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the theoretical 5Gbps transfer speeds that the card could possibly manage when using a PCI-E v2.0 slot, but i hoped that the card would offer atleast a small boost in transfer speeds over my current USB 2 connection.
I ran a CrystalDisk Mark test on my Buffalo USB 3.0 MiniStation Slim HDD connected to my usual USB 2 interface - the Sequential Read speed was 36.09 MB/s while the Sequential Write speed was 27.35 MB/s.
I then connected the Buffalo USB 3.0 MiniStation Slim HDD to the new Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 card and ran the CrystalDisk Mark test again.Read more ›
For the moment, I'd advise any Windows users (I'm not sure what the Mac situation is) that have or plan to get a WD USB drive to get a card that uses the Renesas uPD720201 chip instead. LPM can be easily disabled, and I've had no problems with any devices. Copying between drives connected to the same card is much faster also. You can find 4-port cards that use the uPD720201 here on Amazon, and they're even cheaper than these FL1100 cards too.
I would just add that SpringRain have been very willing to help and offer suggestions and have provided great customer service, this compatibility issue should not be taken as any criticism of them as a seller.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used it to run a Oculus VR CV1 Headset as I had no USB 3 Ports, and works with no problems (Window 10 64 Bit, No drivers were needed, but I have since upgraded the drivers with... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Michelle
When i needed to expand my USB3 ports in my tower, the Inateck 4Port USB3 card did the trick. Really easy to fit and was up and running in minutes. Read morePublished 5 days ago by MnMEvolution
Probably one of the better USB 3.0 card out there, certainly from a chipset stand point. brought and sold a few and currently this is the go to model for usPublished 8 days ago by glen
Adding an extra USB controller finally allowed me to plug all my USB peripherals in simultaneously. Up till this card I was constantly getting Insuffienct USB Resources messages... Read morePublished 12 days ago by Kevin A
was haveing trouble setting up the controllers on HTC Vive VR as i have Asus motherboard and they are known for usb problems with VR,set this up in minutes on windows 10 no drivers... Read morePublished 16 days ago by terry diamond
The documentation does not mention Windows 10 compatibility. It turns out that it is compatible.
Users need to be aware that there is no need to install the drivers on the... Read more