- Save 30% on Inateck USB-C to VGA Adapter when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Inateck. Enter code RHDOM3QT at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 20% on Inateck 3.5 Inch HDD Protective Box when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Inateck. Enter code BWBMNGOS at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 30% on Inateck USB-C to HDMI Adapter when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Inateck. Enter code JD587RKB at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Collect this voucher to save 5% on this product when you buy from Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Inateck USB 3.0 HDD SATA External Hard Drive Disk Enclosure Case fit 9.5mm 7mm 2.5 Inch SATA HDD and SSD,Tool-free (FE2004)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Great Compatibility: Works great with Windows 2000/Windows Me/Windows 98/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8 /10, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0: Supports transfer rates up to 5 Gbps. Up to ten times faster than USB 2.0. Backward compatible with USB 2.0 /1.1 connections.
- Plug and Play: Just plug in and go! Also supports hot swap. LED light indicates Power and Activity status.
- Easy to Install: Tool free, no reboot or additional drivers needed, easy to set up and disassemble.
- Tested ABS Protection: Built-in foam pad, tested ABS plastic material, contemporary and reliable design for the best protection.
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Size Name: USB-A Port | Colour Name: Black
Support 1pc 2.5" SATA HDD SSD Hard Drive connection to your computer through an available USB 3.0 port on your desktop or laptop. This sleek case uses ABS plastic material, opens and closes without screws, and is incredibly easy to assembly. Aside from the included USB 3.0 cable there are no additional accessories required to assemble or operate this device. Reverse compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1.
Built-in foam pad to protect your small-size hard disks effectively(For 7 mm thickness hard disks, please stick this foam pad to the upper cover for preventing vibration before you close the lid.)
Blue power supply/HDD LED activity indicator.
Suitable for 9.5mm and below thickness 2.5" SATA HDD SSD.
Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 2000/Windows Me/Windows 98/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above.
Tool - Free design allow to mount Hard Drive in three second without Tools and Mounting Screws, Allow to accessing multi Hard Drives Externally and Easily.
Perfect for laptop PC memory expansion; film, image and media processing, For data exchange and backup in business, education, and personal use.
1x Inateck USB 3.0 HDD External Enclosure
1x USB3.0 data cable
***Note: HDD/SSD NOT Included***
From the manufacturer
|Buy It Now||Buy It Now||Buy It Now||Buy It Now||Buy It Now||Buy It Now|
|Compatible Size||1 x 2.5SSD/HDD||1 x 2.5SSD/HDD||1x mSATA SSD||1x M.2 SATA SSD||1 x 2.5SSD/HDD||1 x 2.5/3.5 SSD/HDD|
|USB Interface||USB A 3.0||USB A 3.0||USB A 3.0||USB A 3.0||USB A 3.0||USB A 3.0|
|SATA Interface||SATA III||SATA III||SATA III||SATA III||SATA III||SATA III|
|Max HDD Capacity||2TB||2TB||2TB||2TB||2TB||8TB|
Showing 1-8 of 819 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
when it first arrived I tested it for 10 minutes and everything was fine so I placed it in my Computer desk waiting until i have the rest of my pc parts/ time to Complete the project
the second time trying to use this enclosures case (about 3 months later ) the blue light didn't come on also i was greeted with a message saying that my USB port was faulty
i test my USB3 port and it's working perfectly also tried the enclosures case with all 6 of my Usd3 ports and i can hear and feel and SDDs spinning and the blue light was back but my laptop and PC doesn't recognise it anymore ( all the cables and HDDs/SSDs tested too )
so in the end i when back to my old reliable set up
I was a bit concerned about the negative reviews mentioning disconnect errors but I have not seen any yet, if any errors are observed that I think are related to a flaw in the product I PROMISE I will update this review. The first thing I did was to zero the entire surface of the hard drive, 500GB of contiguous zeroes were written to the hardrive in a single write WITH NO ERRORS OF ANY KIND (software used was dd on an Ubuntu system).
I will regularly synchronize my Windows User folder (about 200GB) into this hard disk. So I can expect to reach some mileage over time and be able to tell how the device behaves in the longer term.
If your looking for a drive that will be close to the speed and capabilities of your SSD that's above the speed stated above ensure that supports for the UAS/UASP protocol, both the FE2005/S or FE2002 from Inatech both support the protocol and should provide nearer to the speed of the drive capabilities.
Nice design that is simple and tool free, Excellent services from Inateck also, which is great as a first time buyer of their products... certainly not expected.
It's easy to install your harddrive into the enclosure, give it a Fat32 format and its ready to go,
It reads and writes excellentally (even faster pluggrd into a USB3 sockrt)
It does what it says on the tin, a well made sturdy unit.
I hope this helps someone out their.
I am not sponsored by anyone, I only review personally bought items bought from Amazon.
i was a little worried if the computer would actually recognise the drive/caddy as the description stated the power requirements from a USB3.0 would be about 800ma max output, whereas i installed a TOSHIBA 500Gb, requireing 5v @1.0A, but so far it has worked every time with no issues at all, data transfer speed is about 135mbps, not sure where this 5Gbps comes from, i've never even got that close with any usb3 drive.
Overall, it's a good caddy, not the cheapest and not the most expensive, but it's a bargain and it does what it's supposed to.
I used mine for 2 months without problems. Then it started disconnecting randomly. I am using it for a Uni and I need to transfer large amounts of data (around 10gb per session). It did it very well and fast while the case was working. Sadly it basically died on me after 4-5 months. though it was readable it corrupted files while copying. The SSD in it is fine. I think there is something wrong with connection though.
Ok for the price and good if you just need it for a quick back up after a computer broke etc. other wise it's crap.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?