- Save 20% on Inateck 6packs 3.5 Inch Hard Drive Case when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Inateck. Enter code WAK6BHLU at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 30% on Inateck USB-C to VGA Adapter when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Inateck. Enter code RHDOM3QT at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 20% on Inateck 3.5 Inch HDD Protective Box when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Inateck. Enter code BWBMNGOS at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 30% on Inateck USB-C to HDMI Adapter when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Inateck. Enter code JD587RKB at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Inateck USB 3.0 to SATA 2-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking Station with Offline Clone Function for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch HDD SSD SATA (SATA I/II/III) Support 2 x 8TB & UASP, Tool-free
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- USB 3.0 external, SATA-III internal, especially made for 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD. USB 3.0 super speed supports UASP, even faster data transfer
- Integrated safeguards preventing overvoltage, leak currents, short circuits and peak voltage, interference and disturbance, guaranteed safer data transfer and access
- Support 2x 8TB hard drive; Support offline clone, no drivers needed, easy installation; Completely new cloning technology, computer-independent duplicating/cloning without computer support possible, high efficiency
- Stable and reliable DC power source: The power supply is highly efficient (12V, 3000mA), so that a stable energy supply is guaranteed; Entering sleep mode without operation in 30 minutes
- Package Includes: 1x USB 3.0 SSD HDD SATA Docking Station; 1x USB 3.0 Cable (USB B to A cable); 1x 12V/3A Power Adapter; 1x manual
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
HDD/SSD Off-line Duplicator
Press and hold the offline-clone button for 3 seconds, the LED indicator that marks 100% clone progress will light up. Quickly press the button again, and offline clone starts. One by one 4 LED indicators will flash and be on 25%-50%-75%-100%. When the offline clone is 100% completed, 4 LED lights will stay on until the device is turned off.
Support UASP and SATA 6Gbps Available - The UASP Transfer Protocol only can accelerate read and write speed of SSD hard disk
High-class chipset ASM1156, enhanced with UASP Transfer Protocol,this dock lets you get the most out of the fastest drive technologies such as SATA III (6 Gbps) with performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller.
Features - Support offline clone, no drivers needed, and easy installation - Support 2x 8TB hard drive; Supports 2.5" & 3.5" SATA (SATA I/ II/ III) HDD and SSD - Equipped with USB3.0; Support SATA III (6 Gbps) and UASP for optimal performance; Backward compatible with USB 2.0 /1.1 - Compatible Systems: Windows 2000/ XP/Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 or above - On/Off power switch; LED light indicates Power and Activity status; Entering sleep mode without operation in 30 minutes
- The target disk must be larger than the source disk. - Please backup files in target hard drive before cloning. Any files in target hard drive will be overwritten when offline clone works. - Please make sure that there aren't any bad sectors on the drives in use, as to avoid data transfer errors, overheating and damage to the station. - When one drive is working in the docking station, please do not remove the other one or insert a new one until it's finished in case of data loss. Please power off the docking station before removing.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-7 of 341 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I saw a lot of quesitons asking about the performance penalties of accessing a SSD via this docking station.
In my case, I bought this docking station so that I could use a SSD wtihout having to change my internal drive and migrate my data.
I've run benmarks comparing the intenral HDD on my Dell Inspiron 5548 vs the Inateck docked SSD over USB 3.
[Benchmark results: See attached photos]
"C: " at the top is a Dell 5548 with Internal HDD: ST1000LM014-1EJ164-SSHD
"F: " at the top is a "Samsung PM810 Series 256 GB SSD SATA2 2.5" docked via the Inatek and connected via USB 3
[The 1st and 3rd lines are sequential operations, the 2nd and 4th lines are random operations]
[4K Q32T1 = Random 4KB, Queues=32, Threads=1]
. The USB3-Inateck/SSD combination was more than twice as fast as my internal HDD for sequential reads
. It was up to ~100 times faster than my internal HDD for random access
. I didn't include USB 2 results, but it was only about 25% as fast my HDD for squential access when using USB 2 -> MUST use USB 3 to get the real benefits of the SSD
Conclusion, you can happily use this device in combination with a SSD to get MUCH better performance than your existing HDD.
About 12/15 years ago when I was in the laptop trade I had a dos based BIG MACHINE hdd duplicator machine with a proper new price of £3,800, I bought it from a company liquidator for £300 untested, but it worked fine thank God, cloning one source disk to 4 blank or otherwise with or without data which would be overwritten.
So much technology has moved on I feel like an old man, I really find it hard to believe that this kit for next to nothing does the same or similar job to my hdd duplicator, even though this only does a one to one clone.
Dunno what more to say, I am taken aback with this product for such a really silly cheap price.
I say BUY, I can't believe how cheap this sort of thing has become!!!
You just put one hard drive in slot 'A' (I has an 480 GB SSD) and another (larger) hard drive in slot 'B' (in my case a 500GB HDD) and press Clone! That's it! The lights show up as the cloning is taking place and in may case it too less than a hour!
I now have a perfect copy of my SSD in case things go wrong. I intend to do this weekly so that if anything goes massively wrong, I can just clone the other way around and go back to a working version of my SSD!
Perfect - thanks inateck!
I'm a self proclaimed geek, I have a degree in Computer Science and I'm in charge of dozens of workstations and servers at work, I have network attached drives, Drobos, QNAPs etc coming out of my ears but this also means I have boxes and boxes of old hard drives. I upgraded most of the workstations in the office to SSD's and with this little beauty you can clone from an old platter style HDD to a new SSD using the unit's built in clone feature. No computer or software necessary*
I love this device, it sits on my desk and I use it almost daily to help me with offsite backups, recovery of files from old hard drives, cloning hard drives, recovering lost files from employees home hard drives. Just drop a drive or two into the dock and it pops up in windows or OSX as a USB drive.
*NOTE: to clone from A to B your new hard drive must have a BIGGER capacity than the old hard drive otherwise it simply will not start the clone operation.
I've tried it on a few HDD to SSD clones and it takes around the same time it would with a software solution and the end result is exactly the same, the main difference is I just needed a spare plug socket to use this to clone rather than multiple caddies, expensive software and a PC running for ages while it cloned.
This dock is neat and offers x2 drive connections on a single USB port.
It can accommodate 2.5 drive (7mm or 9.5mm) and full sized 3.5 inch disks.
If you clone a lot of drives then this dock is a must especially with and offline clone feature. I used this for data recovery work as well is disk imaging.
The only thing it doesn't support is PATA drives, but those are very rare and is more or less obsolete technology these days.
I cannot recommend this product enough.
1: Small Compact Design
2: Build Quality means it should last for years
3: Doubles as an external drive caddy for pc use
4: Can be used with a pc to clone via USB3.0 cable ( provided )
5: Plastic Dust Cover included
1: One Button operation ... You have to hold the clone button for 3 seconds until the light starts to blink & then press the same button again quickly after that to start the cloning process. ... Its Very difficult to get it right the 1st or 2nd time. There is more than enough space on the unit for it to have been at least a 2 button design .... why did they choose to make a single button multifunctional & annoying to use ? .... hence 4 stars :(