on 2 June 2014
this is a great little device which I would recommend to anyone. it was delivered within a couple of days. allow they say you don't have to install the drivers with windows 8 I found the windows driver to be very restrictive so I would advice to install the full driver package.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 29 September 2016
Worked perfectly on my raspberry pi
on 2 December 2015
This has been a great help. I can now have a desk with no wires. However, it frequently cuts out and disconnects which is annoying. I then have to connect a wired mouse to re connect my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse again. But in the times when it does work, I love it!
on 20 May 2014
Again I don't really no what to say I'm not really up on computer s I think it done the job
on 13 February 2015
Could not get it to work with my computer, it may be my computer that's at fault, dont know.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2014
Excellent and does a great job unlike so many other shoddy products.
on 27 November 2014
Worked fine.
on 17 May 2014
The Inateck BTA-CSR4B5 is a simple and easy way to add Bluetooth support to your Desktop or Laptop.

The adapter comes in nice frustration free packaging, so you won't cut your fingers open trying to remove the adapter from the plastic container.

***** In The Box *****

1 x BTA-CSR4B5 Bluetooth Adapter
1 x Mini CD (Driver installation disk)

***** Installation *****

Before I connected the BTA-CSR4B5 to my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), i downloaded the Bluetooth Adapter drivers from Inateck's website and ran the installer. After several minutes had passed, the drivers were installed and i plugged the adapter into one of the USB ports. Windows immediately recognised the adapter and configured it to use the drivers i had just installed and a new Bluetooth icon appeared in the Windows Task Bar.

Adding a Bluetooth device was simply a case of double clicking on the Bluetooth icon and then clicking the add device button.

***** Testing *****

I tested the adapter by connecting several different Bluetooth devices, including a small SpeedLijnk mouse, a Sony SRS BTV5 speaker, ASUS SL101 Tablet, Sony Xperia S Smartphone and a Sony Wireless Headset.

All of my devices connected to the adapter easily and file transfers between devices was simple and reasonably fast.

***** Conclusion *****

The Inateck BTA-CSR4B5 is a great little device. It's low profile makes it ideal for laptops as it doesn't stick out of the USB port very far.

In testing, i was able to stream music from my laptop in a room upstairs, to a Bluetooth speaker in my living room downstairs without a hiccup.
If i stream music using the built-in Bluetooth radio of my laptop and also try to use my Bluetooth mouse at the same time, i often get "jumps/pauses" in the streaming audio, but when i tried the same thing using the Inateck BTA-CSR4B5 adapter, the music did not miss a beat.

Unfortunately none of my Bluetooth audio devices have support for Apt-X, so i cannot comment on that, but i will definitely be looking to buy an Apt-X compatible headset in the near future.

Overall i am extremely happy with the Inateck BTA-CSR4B5 and would certainly recommend it to anybody that wants to add Bluetooth functionality to their PC/Laptop.
review image
on 6 February 2014
Superb dongle, connected PS4 Game Controller and simultaneously streaming music to HiFi 3 meters away, Z-E-R-O lag. Doing this every day for 3 weeks now. Couldn't be happier.

Ahh, and did i mention that Windows 8.1 picks up its drivers automatically, same with Windows 7..
1313 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2015
I purchased this to connect my hp g62 laptop running w7 prof with a bluetooth speaker. I gave up in the end because I couldn't maķe it work. I need to test the device on another pc to see if it works ok but i suspect it is a compatibility or configuration issue. It certainly hasn't been a simple 'plug and play' experience! (Unless by 'play' they mean spending hours trying to make the thing work!) The main problem seems to be that the driver cannot load or start or some similar issue. I have tried all the obvious stuff, such as checking for new drivers, loading them manually etc but all to no avail.

Update: I have now installed the device on a Desktop PC running Windows 8.1. Initially it did not install, the device would not start. I downloaded the windows 8 drivers using the Online Update from the installation disk and that did the trick. The device does work and seems to work well. My next task is to see if I can get it to work with Windows 7 Professional on my laptop. I suspect I need to uninstall all Bluetooth drivers from the laptop and install the online update again. I'll give another update later. :)

Update 2:
I have now spent a good couple of hours uninstalling and re-installing all bluetooth drivers from my laptop and then installing the latest win7 drivers from Inatech's website. I could get the thing to work to some degree and even get it to pair with a Bluetooth speaker but I could not make it work properly. I have now given up as it is just a waste of yet more time.

So to summerise; I could make it work with win8.1 eventually but not with Win7. Some folk seem to have no problems installing it and others have problems with both win7 and win 8. I conclude that there is a compatibility and configuration problem with the drivers for this device and if you buy it you might be lucky or you could be wasting your time and money. If you want a Bluetooth adapter that you can be sure will work then keep looking because this one isn't it.